Clearance Required:Ability to Obtain a Secret
US Citizenship:Required Summary The MIL Corporation
is seeking a Software Developer (JAVA Developer, Associate)
to support a Federal Government client at our Patuxent River, MD location. Responsibilities
- Design and development of application user interface.
- Design and development of related database backend.
- Integration of scripts with the application.
- Assist in analyzing user requirements to determine application features and functionality.
- Assist in application installation, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Must have 7 years' experience in the following areas:
- Developing Java Desktop Applications.
- Coding and scripting tools using languages such as Python and BASH
- AI/ML technologies such as PyTorch and TensorFlow
- Data Analytics
- Designing and developing databases.
- Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Tools
- Proven experience developing software for Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity principles and practices, including but not limited to secure coding practices.
- Familiar with using version control software such as GitHub.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong Linux and bash scripting skills.
- Strong User Interface design skills.
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) is a plus.
- Currently maintains a Secret Clearance
- Security+ or equivalent cybersecurity certification.
- Linux certification is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or a related field. Clearance
All applicants for this position must possess or can obtain a Secret clearance;
please note that the clearance process considers financial background aspects. Compensation
The MIL Corporation values your contributions and offers a range of benefits to support your overall well-being. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of benefits to our full-time employees which includes health, life, disability, and retirement plans, as well as paid time off, opportunities for professional growth and tuition assistance. Additional benefits and incentives may also apply, which will be communicated during the hiring process.
Salary at MIL is determined based on factors such as qualifications, experience, and contractual limitations. For this position, the projected compensation range is $107,000 - $162,000 per year. This estimate represents the typical salary range and is just one part of MIL's complete compensation package. Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.