RequirementsConditions of Employment Conditions of Employment:
- Supervise management and program analysts responsible for assessing the productivity, effectiveness, and efficiency of operations, key initiatives, and program objectives.
- Provide technical and administrative leadership to a team by assigning work to subordinate staff, providing training, explaining requirements, and resolving problems that may impact the objectives of the organizational unit.
- Plans and conducts special studies, personally or through team members, provides expert advice to management, and develops and evaluates policies in assigned program areas.
- Develop, implement, and monitor sophisticated management information systems that focus on long and short range plans, policies and programs in the direction of goals, objectives and priorities.
- Conducts performance appraisals and provides performance feedback to subordinates throughout the rating period.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National to apply for this position
- Successfully pass a Background Investigation including financial disclosure
- You must pass a drug screening
- You must submit resume and supporting documentation
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service
- Political appointees may require OPM approval before on-boarding
This position IS NOT
in the bargaining unit.
This position IS NOT
considered "essential" for purposes of reporting to work when the facility might otherwise be closed.Residency Requirement
: There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position; (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity, OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas.Supervisory/Managerial Probationary Period:
You may be required to serve a twelve-month probationary period upon appointment to this position. You may also be required to complete an appropriate supervisory training course within one year of assignment to this position. QualificationsThe qualifications for this position must be met by 11:59 PM (Eastern Time) on 10/04/2023.Current Federal employees must have served 52 weeks at the lower grade or equivalent grade band in the Federal service. The Time-in-Grade requirement must be met by 11:59 PM (Eastern Time) on
You qualify at the GS-14 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience, which is equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the federal government, that equipped you with the skills needed to successfully perform the duties of the position. You must have experience performing the following duties:
Please read the following important information to ensure you submit everything we need to consider your application:
- Conducting studies, analyzing findings and making recommendations on substantive operating programs that requires applying knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques along with knowledge of the mission, organization, and work processes of the programs and the relationships of administrative support activities;
- Performing a wide variety of analytical studies and projects related to organizational improvement, productivity improvement, compliance with internal standards and controls, and long-range planning including developing guidance on techniques for operational improvement and manuals or directives covering the administrative aspects of field operations;
- Serving as a functional lead or technical advisor for interdisciplinary project teams to evaluate program operations, identify and articulate issues, recommend solutions in a clear, concise manner to senior executive-level audiences;
- Utilizing complex information systems for data collection that focus on tracking program performance for long- and short-term initiatives, policy implementation, and operational effectiveness.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you submit your responses and appropriate documentation prior to 10/04/2023. Your resume will be used to determine your qualifications for the position advertised in this announcement. Therefore, your resume must highlight your most relevant, significant experience related to the requirements found in the qualification section of this announcement, as well as any applicable education. USCIS will only review the first 5 pages of your resume to determine your initial eligibility/qualifications for a position. As such, please be sure to include content to support your eligibility/qualifications for this position within the first 5 pages. Please note that your full resume will be made available to the hiring manager if you are referred.
Be clear and specific when describing your work history since Human Resources cannot make assumptions regarding your experience. Your application will be rated and ranked based on your responses to the online questions.Please ensure EACH work history includes ALL of the following information:
Determining length of General or Specialized Experience is dependent on the above information and failure to provide the above information may result in a finding of ineligible.Note:
- Job Title (include series and grade if Federal Job)
- Duties (be specific in describing your duties)
- Employer's name and address
- Supervisor name and phone number
- Start and end dates including month, day and year (e.g. June 18 2007 to April 05 2008)
- Start and end dates for each grade/pay level if you've held a federal position.
- Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)
Overstating your qualifications and/or experience in your application materials or application questionnaire may result in your removal from consideration.Federal Experience:
If you are using current or prior federal experience as a basis for qualifying for this position, the grade levels and length of employment (mm/dd/year) at each grade level must be listed in your work history. This information will be further validated if selected for this position.National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience):
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build criteria competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer service. Please provide the dates and amount of time/hours worked earning this experience.EducationEDUCATIONAL SUBSTITUTION
: There is no educational substitution at this grade level. Additional informationBackground Investigation:
To ensure the accomplishment of our mission, DHS requires every employee to be reliable and trustworthy. To meet those standards, all selected applicants must undergo and successfully pass a background investigation. This may include a review of financial issues such as delinquency in the payment of debts, child support and/or tax obligations, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs. The background investigation process is initiated after a selection is made. For more information visit the OPM Mythbuster Page .
If a SECRET
or TOP SECRET
clearance is needed or the position is designated a Sensitive National Security position, all selected candidates must meet the requirements for these clearances or Sensitive National Security position prior to placement AND maintain that level of clearance or national security eligibility while encumbering the position.
USCIS uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify , including your rights and responsibilities.
If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment , and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application, prior to entry on duty. False statements on any part of the application may result in withdrawal of offer of employment, dismissal after beginning work, fine, or imprisonment.
It is our responsibility to eliminate any risks to national security, public health, and public safety that could be posed by individuals who use illegal drugs. This position may be subject to random testing as a condition of employment. A positive drug test or refusal to be tested will result in disciplinary action, up to and including removal from Federal service. Note
: If you previously retired from the Federal service and are receiving an annuity, your salary may be offset by the amount of your annuity.