Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.Job Summary:
As Westat's Conference Room and Meeting/Event Support, you manage and optimize videoconferencing technology and solutions to support or facilitate a seamless meeting and event support experience. This role involves communication, collaboration, overseeing the functional and technical aspects of video conferencing, troubleshooting conference room technologies, and supporting the end-users to ensure efficient and effective in-person or hybrid meetings/events.
This position requires onsite work at our Rockville office 5 days a week.Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all audio-visual and technical equipment in the conference rooms function correctly and that any technical issues are promptly resolved (Logitech, Crestron, Poly, MTR, and other components).
- Builds expertise and proficiency in video conference platforms like MS Teams, Zoom, Socialive, and Webex.
- Assist users and participants with AV equipment and offer guidance on operating the tools such as projectors, screens, mics, and other technology in the conference room.
- Conducts regular conference room checks to ensure optional performance. This includes checking audio levels, video resolutions, network connectivity, and room readiness.
- Advise organizers and planners with the optimal and best set-up and platforms to ensure the facilitation of the meetings and events runs smoothly.
- Report any damage or malfunctioning for repair or replacement to the vendor, keep the leadership informed, and own the issue until it's fully resolved.
- Stay updated with emerging technologies. Keep abreast of advancements in video conferencing technology, evaluate new tools and solutions, and make recommendations for improvements or upgrades.
- Conduct training sessions and create user guides to effectively educate employees on using video conferencing tools and troubleshooting common issues.
- Collaborate with Training to maintain documentation related to video conferencing systems, including configurations, troubleshooting guides, and user manuals.
- Keep apprised of current and emerging meeting best practices and educate presenters and clients on the tools used with the selected platform.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Information Technology, Computer Science, Communications) or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of IT support or Conference and Event Support experience.
- Demonstrated technical expertise to support different conferencing platforms and the ability to operate conference room technologies such as Logitech Rally Bars, Crestron, Poly, and MS Team Rooms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of video conferencing technologies and platforms like Zoom, Webex, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in managing meetings and events, ability to offer valuable perspectives and solutions to streamline event planning and execution.
- Proven experience operating within a customer service-oriented environment and ability to negotiate and handle complex and ambiguous situations.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Experience in the ServiceNow ticketing system and Project Management is a plus.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to support users and collaborate effectively with stakeholders; collaboration with teams, managers and/or clients.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Organizational skills, including time management ability.
- Eagerness to stay up to date with the latest technology and ability to drive suggestions forward.
- Detail oriented.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Subject to plan requirements, employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave (15 days per year)
- Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Holiday Leave (7 government holidays plus 2 floating holidays)
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.