US Citizenship:Required Summary The MIL Corporation
is seeking an Information System Security Manager/ISSM (Info. Systems & Cyber Security, Sr. Associate)
to support a Federal Government client at our Patuxent Naval Air Station, MD location. This position may be eligible for some remote work depending on contract/client and hiring manager approval.
The ISSM will provide technical leadership and serve as a mentor for a team of dedicated cyber security professionals, while mainly performing ISSM duties and providing support as may be needed. This role also applies systems RMF principles and knowledge of Information Technology (IT) systems to investigate, analyze, plan, implement, assess, and validate Cyber Security of and acquisition for Information Technology (IT) systems. Key Duties
- Serve as a cybersecurity subject matter expert (SME) across the sector's information assurance projects.
- Mentor staff as needed to provide technical direction in all aspects of cybersecurity and information assurance.
- Perform ISSM duties for a family of systems, including direction of overall schedule of RMF activities across the family of systems, and co-ordination with engineering team functions.
- Work with ISSOs to manage RMF packages for a family of systems.
- Work with ISSE to develop technical solutions to problems, implement enhancements and upgrade system architectures for a family of systems .
- Create and update system policy documentation in compliance with NIST standards
- Update and assess software and processes compliance of system Authority to Operate (ATO) packages.
- Apply Categorization, Security Control selection along with required artifacts utilizing eMASS for ATO packages.
- Communicate security issues to operations and operation issues to Cyber program.
- Provide information security expertise to system development teams throughout the System Engineering Life-cycle process.
- Ensure Plan of Action & Milestone (POA&M) reports are maintained and that security vulnerabilities are tracked and remediated.
- Define system security requirements, assess system security architecture designs, and support the development and sustainment of Enterprise Risk Management Framework (RMF) Accreditation package, throughout all lifecycle phases.
- Conduct certification and testing in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) policy; identify deficiencies and provide recommendations of risk mitigation to customer.
- ISSM or relevant cybersecurity experience
- Security +, and IAM Level III certification with DoD 8570.1M requirements.
- 10+ years of related experience with a bachelor's degree (or equivalent); 7+ years of related experience with a master's degree.
- Solid working knowledge of system engineering and system architecture principles.
- Knowledge of communication systems, sensor systems, LAN/WAN network architecture, network topology and protocols.
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment
- Provide oversight for all classified systems compliance and ensure the execution of our strong self-inspection program.
- Ensure all security certification and accreditation documents in relation to all classified systems are up to date.
- Ensure continuous monitoring (e.g. weekly, monthly, etc.) in accordance with cognizant security authority requirements are being implemented and met.
- Coordinate security-related activities with information security architects, senior information security officers, information system owners, common control providers, system/network administrators, and information system security officers.
- Experience with the development of core documentation including System Security Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, Plans of Actions and Milestones, Remediation Plans, and Configuration Management Plans.
- Experience with the review and creation of mitigation reports from compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (e.g., Nessus, SCAP, ACAS, SCC).
- Experience with auditing and certifying compliance of various systems (e.g., Windows, Linux, Network Devices, and peripherals).
- Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Impeccable Problem-solving ability.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Some travel may be required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with rapid turnaround customer expectation.
- Excellent with customer communication and interactions.
- Experience with required tools of the trade, as related to DoN RMF Requirements (eMASS, DADMS, ACAS, VRAM and has an active SIPR Account)
- Run and maintain the entire information assurance program for more complex efforts or area.
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
- Translate operational requirements into technical requirements and architectures needed to meet program objectives.
- Experience with conducting all aspects of a self-inspection.
- Experience with periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments; including user accounts, application access, file system, and integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepare incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Knowledge of new and emerging information technology (IT) and cybersecurity technologies.
- Employ best practices when implementing security controls within an information system; to include, software engineering methodologies, system/security engineering principles, secure design, secure architecture, and secure coding techniques.
- Ability to function as an integral part of the development team to include designing and developing organizational information systems or upgrading legacy systems.
- Top Secret Clearance (with SCI preferred)
Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree Preferred, from an accredited college or university, in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, or related discipline. Clearance
All applicants for this position must possess a Secret
Clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects. Compensation
The MIL Corporation values your contributions and offers a range of benefits to support your overall well-being. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of benefits to our full-time employees which includes health, life, disability, and retirement plans, as well as paid time off, opportunities for professional growth and tuition assistance. Additional benefits and incentives may also apply, which will be communicated during the hiring process.
Salary at MIL is determined based on factors such as qualifications, experience, and contractual limitations. For this position, the projected compensation range is $125,000 - $160,000 per year. This estimate represents the typical salary range and is just one part of MIL's complete compensation package. Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.