Clearance Required:Public Trust
US Citizenship:Summary The MIL Corporation
is seeking an Accounting Analyst (Accounting, Analyst) to work with a Federal client in Mississippi.
The Financial Specialist provides mid-level financial management services as part of a team delivering accounting and financial support. Responsibilities
Applies knowledge of financial management concepts, processes, practices and procedures on technical assignments.
Applies skills in using the systems that support financial management services to perform more complex operations.
Perform one or more accounting and financial management services such as:
- Support operations for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fund balance with Treasury, and travel
- Reconcile journals, subsidiary ledgers, and balances of an accounting system
- Resolve issues with invoices, statements, accounts, and submitting units
- Analyze and reconcile financial system information with operating unit data
- Contact units, research causes of discrepancies, and take action to ensure that accounts balance
- Examine, verify, and correct financial management data to ensure completeness and accuracy in accordance with accounting procedures.
- Maintain files and records and generate reports
Specific tasks/duties are assigned under supervision. An employee in this position works with supervisors' instructions. Completed work will be reviewed for accuracy and compliance with procedures. Supervisors provide suggestions for handling unusual or non-recurring transactions. Conformance with requirements and technical soundness of completed work are reviewed by the supervisor or are controlled by mechanisms built into the accounting processes. Required Qualifications
- 4 years of experience in federal financial management
- Mid-level knowledge of financial management and accounting practices and principles.
- Skilled in using the systems that support financial management services
- Ability to follow guidance to execute federal financial based processes
- Ability to identify and solve problems through teamwork and consultation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat. Education
High school diploma or G.E.D. Clearance
Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance Compensation
The MIL Corporation values your contributions and offers a range of benefits to support your overall well-being. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of benefits to our full-time employees which includes health, life, disability, and retirement plans, as well as paid time off, opportunities for professional growth and tuition assistance. Additional benefits and incentives may also apply, which will be communicated during the hiring process.
Salary at MIL is determined based on factors such as qualifications, experience, and contractual limitations. For this position, the projected compensation range is $45,000 - $52,000 per year. This estimate represents the typical salary range and is just one part of MIL's complete compensation package. Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.