Performs and/or assists other recreation assistants or specialists in the operation and maintenance of indoor and/or outdoor recreational facilities. Types of duties include but are not limited to the following: Sets up recreation areas for scheduled activities; records attendance; takes reservations and payment for trips and tours; notifies participants of schedule changes; arranges for equipment or tools, charging them out to participants, and checking them for condition on their return; decorates community or neighborhood centers or recreation centers for special events, activities, or parties; strings tennis or volleyball nets; lines base lines and base paths; sets up batting cages; checks the established safety system of indoor and outdoor recreation facilities and areas, tools, and equipment; posts announcements of scheduled activities and answers inquiries about item, place, transportation, or other matters related to activities scheduled; takes inventory of authorized recreation supplies and equipment; and helps with group activities which require more than one staff monitor, performing specifically assigned tasks.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/12130796 RequirementsConditions of Employment
QualificationsWho May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date,
- This position requires the incumbent to complete a background investigation with favorable results.
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring PreferenceQualifying Experience:
Practical knowledge of recreational activities, rules, and procedures. Ability to safeguard and handle cash and skill in the use and maintenance of various recreational equipment and facilities are desirable; however, no experience is required.Education
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not allow for education substitution.FOREIGN EDUCATION:
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Additional information
- Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Direct deposit is required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- A probationary period may be required.
- Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD).
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this job opportunity announcement. And additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement.
- Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible.
- This is a Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) position carrying out Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) activities for the Air Force and Space Force.
- This position is included in a bargaining unit.
- Union Name AFGE and Local or Chapter Number 1092.