- Create and implement a future-focused learning architecture that contributes to the overall Leadership Center learning continuum.
- Convey expertise and experience that demonstrates program management skills and the ability to accomplish project objectives from idea to inception through completion and evaluation. Portfolio management includes utilization of metrics and analytics to drive improvement in portfolio and overall results.
- Develop and deliver an array of leadership and workforce development content to enhance learner's knowledge, skills and abilities in order to develop as an acquisition leader. Provide insights into how to use models, tools, and frameworks to facilitate design thinking, cross-functional awareness, trust, systems thinking, and ethical decision-making as well as strategies for supporting the National Defense Strategy.
- Provide expertise in the latest acquisition leadership development concepts and theories across a multitude of training venues to include short courses, in-person and virtual courses, multimedia, webcasts and other tools.
- Support the development/modernization/maximizing ROI of the DAU Leadership Center Learning Asset portfolio.
- Use a variety of communication strategies to promote Acquisition leadership development to the Acquisition Workforce and DAU Regions.
- Deliver training as a subject matter expert that improves the outcome for the acquisition workforce.
- Perform other duties as assigned
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Creates and/or delivers learning assets and content as needed, and coordinates with partner divisions that manage related curriculum, or that control DAU processes and tools.
- Stays abreast of changes and trends in primary functional area, continuously researching, gaining and sharing knowledge in federal communities of practice.
- Pursues and maintains digital and data analysis fluency that align with DAU and primary functional area best practices in public and private industry.
- Maintains currency in, and actively uses university technology, digital and social media platforms.
- Focus on the needs of the customer in a modern learning and business environment that is subject to continual change with respect to platforms, networks and delivery
- Serves as a thinking partner with stakeholders and customers, continuously improving product and service delivery to provide the right knowledge and service the point of need through synchronous and asynchronous methods.
- Builds relationships and collaborates with peers and program management leaders from all organizations within the area of responsibility.
- Elicits feedback to shape the policies, processes and procedures that produce a frictionless experience for the customers and stakeholders.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guidance, please go to http://www.sss.gov for more information
- Incumbent may be required to obtain and maintain an appropriate security clearance
- You may be required to serve a two (2) year probationary period.
- The incumbent of this position may be required to work overtime, irregular shifts, and/or on the weekend.
- Work may require travel away from the normal duty station on commercial aircraft.
- Must achieve 80 hours of Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) every two years, in accordance with Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 5000.66, Defense Acquisition Workforce Education, Training, Experience, and Career Development Program.
- Certification in DAWIA III, other government/industry equivalent certification or equivalent experience preferred. Demonstrated equivalent Leadership Experience required. Certification level is dependent upon the grade/band level.
Please reference the Education section of this announcement to review the DAU Faculty Pay Band Minimum Education and Specialized Experience Requirements.
To qualify for this position at a respective band/grade level, you must demonstrate in your resume/application that you possess the required years of specialized experience equivalent to one band/grade-level lower (or equivalent) to include having specialized experience directly relating to the specific duties of the position, and demonstrate that you have the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully with the experience that demonstrated a practical knowledge in Specialized Experience
and/or Other Certification Requirements Description:
- Demonstrated servant leadership experience at a senior executive level within a dynamic acquisition environment.
- Demonstrated experience with the utilization of metrics and analytics to drive performance improvement.
- Experience with project management skills that demonstrated results managing and executing projects in a fast-paced environment from idea to inception through to completion and evaluation.
Certification - Any 6 Categories
Program Management - Advanced
Business - Financial Management - Advanced
Contracting - Contracting Professional
Engineering and Technical Management - Practitioner
Life Cycle Logistics - Advanced
Test and Evaluation - Practitioner
Auditing-AdvancedPART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE
: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. EducationDAU Faculty Pay Band Minimum Education and Specialized Experience Requirements:
- DAU Pay Band C (AD-13) (Equivalent to a GS-15 General Schedule grade equivalency): Minimum Education and Specialized Experience:
- Basic requirements for Band C include a minimum of a Bachelor level degree in an appropriate discipline and a minimum of eight years of experience in the appropriate functional area. Advanced degrees are highly desired in Band C.
Please note: Technical certifications and/or experience may be approved by the DAU Chief of Staff (delegated from the DAU President) to meet the needs of the University.ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY
? If the position you are applying for has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcripts with your application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience; transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here to check accreditation.FOREIGN EDUCATION:
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Additional informationYou may be required to provide a brief presentation or work sample during the initial interview.This position is in the Excepted Service. For more information regarding Excepted Service employment please visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/help/working-in-government/service/ If you are a current Federal civilian employee in the Federal Competitive Service, if selected, you must sign a statement of understanding acknowledging you are transitioning from the Federal Competitive Service to the Federal Excepted Service.Initial appointment is made for a period of three years, conditional upon satisfactory completion of a DAU probationary period of two years. At the one year mark, as part of an annual review, consideration is given to extending the appointment; thus at any one time moving beyond that point an employee will have two years remaining. DAU requires reporting to the assigned duty location during each pay period. DAU supports part-time telework, but remote work and full-time telework are not offered.DAU participates in e-Verify with the Department of Homeland Security and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.If selected for this position, you must be able to start employment within 30 days of acceptance (unless otherwise approved by DAU).Direct Deposit:
All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.Current Federal Civilian employees
may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service may be required prior to appointment to the position.Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):
Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible:
Military Spouse Preference applicants, if determined best qualified, must be selected at the full performance level and placed at the full performance level. You must include a completed copy of the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist dated within 30 days along with the documents identified on the checklist to verify your eligibility for Military Spouse Preference. Click here to obtain a copy of the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist.