RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Plans, organizes, and is Senior Specialist of the activities of AFMRA Information Workflow Management Team, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and meeting customer needs. Single point of entry for all information flow for the organization. Facilitates policy-making decisions, impacting healthcare operations across the Air Force Medical Service (AFMS).
- Directs MAJCOM Liaison Officer communication and workflow management requirements. Single POC for MAJCOM/SGs.
- Provides expert Oral and Written Communication and Customer Service support.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- PCS expenses are not authorized.
- This position is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Safeguards sensitive patient information and/or files.
- Position may require occasional TDY assignments.
- Attends meetings and training courses sponsored by the Air Force, sister services, civilian organizations and other agencies to maintain technical advisor/expert status.
- Masters degree in health care and/or business/management discipline is desirable.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
In order to qualify, you must meet the requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Miscellaneous Administration and Program Series 0301. https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0300/miscellaneous-administration-and-program-series-0301/ Specialized Experience:
Must have one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-12 (or equivalent in other pay systems) which includes experience in staff operations and practices related to the management of health care delivery systems to include objectives, policies, management and organizational techniques, and military command. Experience with rules and guidelines in tasking, processing, performing quality control, and appropriate records and archiving of executive correspondence in support of Military senior leadership.FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS:
Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-13 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:
- Mastery knowledge of staff operations and practices related to the management of health care delivery systems to include objectives, policies, management and organizational techniques, and military command. Mastery of knowledge on the organization, policies of the Air Force, Air Force Medical Service, Air Force Surgeon General, Air Force Medical Readiness Agency, MAJCOM Surgeons, and MTFs.
- Mastery knowledge of rules and guidelines in tasking, processing, performing quality control, and appropriate records and archiving of executive correspondence in suppo11 of Air Force senior leadership.
- Expert oral and written communication skills. Must effectively communicate both orally and in writing to gather information, present recommendations and to gain cooperation f om others through tact, courtesy and diplomacy. Expert skill in grammar, writing, editing practices, and style requirements in preparation of written and oral presentations. Good interpersonal and team-building skills, ability to foster effective working relationships.
- Knowledge and skill in preparing repo1ts based on studies and analysis and providing metrics, reports and other information to AFMRA senior leadership, higher Headquarters, MAJCOM and external auditors and agencies. Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports. Ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize complex data.
- Expert knowledge of HAF/SAF, AF/SG, AFMRA, and MAJCOM organizational structure and practices; experience in Air Staff or MAJCOM level position.
- Knowledge and skill in exercising initiatives, judgment, problem solving, decision-making, identify problems; analyze data, and make recommendations, and the ability to plan and organize tasks and teams to meet deadlines; master ability to prioritize work assignments maintaining effective work environment and relationships to achieve goals and objectives.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE:
Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional informationInteragency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):
Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.120-Day Register:
This announcement may result in a 120-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 120 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible:
MSP applicants, if determined best qualified, must be selected at the full performance level and placed at the full performance level. You must include a completed copy of the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist dated within 30 days along with the documents identified on the checklist to verify your eligibility for MSP. Click here to obtain a copy of the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist.Direct Deposit:
All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here .