The following are the duties of this position at the GS-05
. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Works under creative direction to determine the most effective strategies for visual communications
- Develops design ideas and creates various print and digital materials using Adobe Creative Suite
- Responsible for adhering to timelines and schedules for assigned design projects
- Performs full range of tasks relative to design, production and communication of visual information and technology
- Operates in-house large-format printers and print production equipment
Key Requirements: Please refer to "Conditions of Employment." Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying. Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. National Qualifications
- All employees must wear face masks while on MINT property when required by CDC and Federal guidelines.
- All selectees must sign a Pathways Participant Agreement.
- Provide proof of education (transcripts) prior to the job offer; An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Public Trust - Background Investigation will be required.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9 . Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.Eligibility Requirements:
1) You MUST meet the definition of a STUDENT for the duration of your appointment as follows:
An individual accepted for enrollment or enrolled and seeking a degree (high school, college (4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate) in a qualifying and accredited educational institution, on a full or half-time basis (as defined by the institution in which the student is enrolled), including awardees of the Harry S. Truman Foundation Scholarship Program under Public Law 93-842. Students need not be in actual physical attendance, so long as all other requirements are met. An individual who needs to complete less than the equivalent of half an academic/vocational or technical course-load immediately prior to graduating is still considered a student for purposes of this Program. For more information on the education requirements go to Treasury's Pathways Program. 2) GPA:
Every semester, candidates must maintain good academic standing with an overall GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.Qualification Requirements:To Qualify for the GS-05 level, you must meet the following requirements:
A. Education -
Completion of 4 full years of education above high school leading to a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree.ORB. Experience -
For the GS-05
, you must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-04
level in the Federal service. Specialized experience includes:
-Designing and producing visual communications; AND
-Using graphic design software such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.; AND
-Communicating using oral and written communication in a team environment.ORC. You may qualify by a combination of experience and education
. To combine education and experience, the total percentage of experience at the required grade level compared to the requirement, as well as the percentage of completed education compared to the requirement must equal at least 100 percent.To Qualify for the GS-04 level, you must meet the following requirements:
A. Education -
Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or an associate's degree.ORB. Experience -
For the GS-04
, you must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-03
level in the Federal service. Specialized experience includes:
- One full year/52 weeks of progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled.ORC. You may qualify by a combination of experience and education
. To combine education and experience, the total percentage of experience at the required grade level compared to the requirement, as well as the percentage of completed education compared to the requirement must equal at least 100 percent.
If qualifying with experience, the experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To receive any credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate the number of hours worked per week, on your resume. EducationPathways Internship Eligibility:
This intern position is designed to prepare the student trainee for employment after graduation as a Visual Information Specialist. . Interns will be assigned tasks designed to increase familiarity with the target occupation in a real-world work environment.
A. Must be a current student in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
B. All applicants are REQUIRED to submit all undergraduate and graduate college transcripts, including transcripts from transfer schools no later than the date indicated in the announcement. Transcripts may be unofficial at the time of application, but an official transcript is required if a job offer is extended.
C. You must maintain student eligibility and enrollment for the duration of the internship. If you do not maintain eligibility and enrollment, you are ineligible for this program. Please review the "REQUIREMENTS" section to ensure that you qualify to apply to this internship. Additional informationOTHER INFORMATION:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (CONTINUED):
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework per agency policy.
Following the completion of program requirements, selectees may be considered for non-competitive conversion to a career-conditional or term appointment. All conversion requirements will be identified in the Participant Agreement. Program requirements include but are not limited to:
- Be a United States citizen
- Complete at least 640 hours of work experience acquired through the Program while enrolled as a half or full-time degree or certificate seeking student
- Complete a course of academic study, within the preceding 120-day period, at a qualifying education institution conferring a diploma, certificate, or degree
- Meet the qualification standards for the position to which he or she will be converted
- Receive a favorable recommendation by an official of the agency or agencies in which she or he served
- Meet agency-specific requirements, as specified in the Participant Agreement
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE PATHWAYS PROGRAM? For additional information regarding the Pathways Program, please refer to the following website: www.usajobs.gov/StudentsAndGrads
Our comprehensive benefits are very generous. Our benefits package includes:
- Challenging work, opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries, bonuses and incentive awards.
- Appointees to this temporary position will be eligible to earn annual (vacation) and sick leave. This includes earning at least 13 days of vacation leave as well as 13 days of sick leave each year. Learn more about temporary and term appoints here: Temporary and Term Positions.