RequirementsConditions of Employment
- As a Construction Control Representative, you will perform on-site surveillance of civil works and military construction contracts.
- Manage quality assurance, surveillance of the site safety program and environmental compliance.
- Provide technical support to project and office engineers.
- Review and evaluate shop drawings and other contractor submittals and the mechanical portions of preliminary and final plans and specifications for biddability, constructability, and operability (BCO).
- Perform Safety and Labor surveillance.
- Recommend solutions on conflicts between construction plans, specifications, and installation for civil works and military construction projects.
- Manage the project budget and schedules, assures that commitments to the customer are met, and serves as primary point of contact for customer and other external agencies on assigned projects.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible (PPP DoD MSP)
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- The work involves regular and reoccurring exposure to moderate risks and discomforts such as exposure to conditions in facilities under construction, requiring use of appropriate safety apparel, such as hard hat and safety shoes, etc.
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .Specialized Experience:
One year of specialized experience which includes monitoring preliminary and final plans and specifications for biddability, constructability, operability, environmental and sustainability (BCOES); reviewing designs and anticipating construction problems; recommending changes to construction plans and specifications to correct discrepancies; interpreting engineering and architect plans and/or specifications; and conducting inspections of construction sites to ensure compliance with project plans and specifications and/or safety protocol.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Building and Construction
- Construction Inspection and Quality Management
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Technical Competence
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted. Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a(n) Engineers and Scientist Career Field (18) position.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected, placement must be at the full performance level for priority consideration.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/Civilian-Moving-Expenses-Tax-Deduction/ for more information.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- Recruitment, Relocation and/or Retention Incentive may be authorized.