RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Oversees surveillance of contracts and contracting actions for a variety of services to include architect and engineer contracts, supplies and construction contracts.
- Responsible for a variety of post-award construction and service contracts to include innovative equipment, systems, design, and services of significant importance to the Agency.
- Analyzes the requirements of contract law, Federal, Defense and Army Acquisition Regulations, and other procedural and regulatory guidance to ensure contract awards are in compliance.
- Performs personnel and position management functions such as evaluating performance, interviewing candidates, and making selections for vacancies, determining training needs, and biennial position reviews.
- Serves as a Contracting Officer with unlimited monetary authority to contract for supplies, services, and construction on behalf of the United States
- Perform pre-award contracting functions which require the use firm fixed-price contract types to procure construction, architect-engineer, and service projects.
QualificationsWho May Apply
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Incumbent must be able to obtain/maintain a $100M Warrant within six months of appointment.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment.
- This position requires pre-employment financial disclosure and annually thereafter in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R.
- The duties of this position require the incumbent to possess or obtain and maintain a valid state Driver's License in one of the 50 U.S. states or possessions to operate vehicles.
- This position is supervisory as defined by the OPM General Schedule Supervisory Guide (GSSG). A one-year probation to assess your ability to perform supervisory duties is required unless previously completed.
- This is an Army Acquisition Workforce (AAW) position. Must meet the DoDI 5000.66 requirements applicable to the Career Category/Functional Area and the Career Level Certification assigned.
- Foundational Career Level Certification or Contracting Professional Certification must be met within 3 years.
: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Interchange Agreement
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Basic Requirement for Contract Specialist:
- Construction/Architect & Engineering (A&E)
- Contract Performance Management
- Determination of How Best to Satisfy Requirements for the Mission Area
- Human Capital Management
- Preparation and Negotiation
Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees.
Exemption: You are exempt from the education requirements above if (A) you are a current civilian employee in DoD who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000; OR (B) you are a current military member who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS (or equivalent)-1102 on or before September 30, 2000.In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
GS-13 Specialized Experience:
One year of specialized experience which includes - One year of specialized experience which includes performing various types of contract preparation, to include strategically sourced long-lead acquisitions, awards, modifications, negotiations, and surveillance for a contracting organization; developing procurement or contract administration strategies that incorporate necessary staff and/or financial resources; advising leaders on spend analysis and trends in contract administration; reviewing the work of team members for quality and/or regulatory compliance.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12 or above).
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-12). EducationFOREIGN EDUCATION:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a(n) Contracting Career Field position.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected, placement must be at the full performance level for priority consideration.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website .
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Relocation/Relocation incentive may be authorized.