RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will advise management and contracting employees on matters pertaining to contracting policies and procedures.
- Conduct reviews of contracts or contract changes within predetermined categories based on dollar value, method of acquisition, and other factors.
- Review appropriate contract type, pricing provisions, selection of source, acquisition method, determinations and findings, documentation, clarity of contract terms, propriety of cited funds, and need for issuance of un-priced contractual documents.
- Develop guidance material for activity contracting personnel and conducts training of contracting personnel to improve acquisition practices.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- To avoid real or apparent conflicts of interest, the selectee will be required to submit recurring Confidential Financial Disclosure Reports (OGE-450).
- This position requires DAWIA Contracting Professional acquisition certification. The incumbent has 36 months to achieve this certification
Applicants will be referred periodically throughout the open period. Final application disposition will be completed once all positions have been filled or the announcement reaches the end of the open period as stated above. Applications will expire 90 days after submission. To remain eligible for consideration, reapplying is required every 90 days. Who May Apply
: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Basic Educational Requirement for the 1102 occupation.Degree:
- Acquisition Strategy
- Procurement Analysis
Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) from an accredited educational institution.ORExemption:
You are exempt from the education requirements above if (A) you are a current DoD employee, in any occupational series, who has served on or before September 30, 2000, as follows: (1) Served as a GS/equivalent-1102 position or contracting officer position with authority to award or administer contracts above the SAT in any Federal agency, OR (2) Served as a military member in a comparable military occupational specialty; OR (B) you are a current member of the armed forces who occupied a position within an occupational specialty similar to the GS-1102 series on or before September 30, 2000.In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:Specialized Experience:
One year of specialized experience which includes work with contracting and resource management systems, pre and post award contracting functions; as well as a range of acquisition methods, planning, market research, oversight and participation in formal and informal source selection processes, cost/price analysis, negotiations, preparation of contract documents and contract administration and closeout. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11). EducationFOREIGN EDUCATION:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- A one year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 14 - Contracting position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website .
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances ARE NOT AUTHORIZED.
- Salary will be determined based on the duty location after selection. The salary listed reflects the 2023 Rest of US scale (16.5% locality). Salary will be adjusted to meet the locality pay of the duty location upon selection. A complete list of salary tables can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2023/general-schedule