The purpose of this position is to accomplish maintenance on electronically controlled powered support equipment containing highly complex digital devices and integrated circuits.
- Responsible for the interpretation of numerous manufacturer drawings, specifications, operating instructions, and test procedures to troubleshoot, calibrate, align, and repair a variety of highly complex pieces of powered support equipment.
- Performs inspections, preventative maintenance, servicing, repair, and adjustment on complex rotary diesel engines.
- Determines work sequences, specifications, and special procedures to be used to fault-isolate and repair unusual problems in various pieces of powered support equipment.
- Performs intermediate-level maintenance on powered support equipment and non-powered AGE. This includes working on cryogenic equipment, engine, and generator changes, removing, repairing, and overhauling of accessories, and rebuilding of units.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, overhauls, and modifies and operates aerospace ground equipment such as AC and DC power generators, various types of internal combustion engines, air compressors, blowers, hydraulic test stands, cabin leakage testers, portable diesel engine driven generators, emergency lighting units, deicers, heaters, load banks, hydrostatic testers, cryogenic carts, decontamination units, thermal bath, vacuum pumps, flow meters, lavatory service trailers, air conditioners and various pieces of non-power support equipment.
- Performs maintenance data collection, prepares other required forms. Maintains Technical Orders, Technical Order files, commercial publications, and other directives pertinent to this section.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluation such as ORI, IG, and UE inspections, mobility, and command support exercises.
- Participates and assists in conducting the necessary safety program for the Aerospace Ground Equipment activity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For the full list of duties and responsibilities, please refer to the following link . RequirementsConditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact the District of Columbia Air National Guard at 1-800 TO-GO-ANG (864-6264) prior to applying.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment physical examination in accordance with 5 CFR, Part 339 and Technician Personnel Regulation 355.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Current and former Uniform Service Members (Active, Reserve, Guard) nationwide who are eligible for military membership in the DCANG.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS :
This Title 32 Excepted Service position requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard.
Military Grades : ENLISTED
Compatible Military Assignments : AFSC 2A6X2
Applicants who exceed the maximum military grade listed above must submit a statement in writing that they are willing to take an administrative reduction in grade to the advertised military grade on the job announcement for which applying. Applicants who exceed the military grade will not be placed into the technician position until they have been administratively reduced to the military grade on the job announcement. Please note that exceeding the maximum rank does not automatically qualify you for consideration. GENERAL EXPERIENCE
is the experience or training that demonstrates knowledge of mechanical maintenance work; ability to read and use technical manuals, illustrations, diagrams and schematics, and skill in the use of equipment and hand tools used in troubleshooting, testing, and repairing equipment. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE
is at least 18 months experience
or training that provided knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic theory applicable to powered support equipment and systems; experiences that provided knowledge of the makeup and operation of the various individual systems maintained and their interrelationships; experience reading and interpreting parts lists, manufactures' repair manuals, diagrams, and electrical schematics.PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE:
Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & NOTES:
Please be advised:
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Must demonstrate the ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- The duties and responsibilities of this job may significantly impact the environment. Incumbent is responsible to maintain awareness of the environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
1. Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position.
2. An applicant's RESUME must provide, in detail, how they meet the specialized experience listed.
3. It must be documented with "from (mm/yy)" and "to (mm/yy)" dates and description of the specialized experience.
4. If education or a degree is required as part of the "Specialized Experience", you must include transcripts. Education
There are no specific educational requirements for this position. Additional information
Pre-Employment Physical Examinations : Individual selected must successfully complete a pre-employment physical examination in accordance with 5 CFR, Part 339 and Technician Personnel Regulation 355.
D.C. Air National Guard personnel who are bonus recipients/student loan repayment program recipients may have their benefits terminated and/or recouped if selected as a Permanent/Indefinite Military Technician. Applicants should contact their DCANG Incentive Manager to determine any possible termination and/or recoupment actions that may result from accepting this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered, or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx ).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .