General Hybrid Work Statement: This opportunity is a hybrid opportunity allowing for flexibility between virtual and in-person work subject to the Authority's telework policy. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or related engineering field.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, a High School Diploma or GED and four (4) years of experience in an electrical or mechanical maintenance role will be considered.
- Possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License
- Five (5) years of practical experience in an electrical or mechanical maintenance role which includes experience in administrative maintenance management, maintenance principles and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) (i.e. practical experience served as a maintenance supervisor or maintenance planner and/or scheduler).
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) certification
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations. SUMMARY
The Maintenance Planner performs asset maintenance planning for assigned WMATA maintenance departments and contributes to improving the execution of maintenance control processes. Responsibilities include developing, configuring and modifying a complete scope of maintenance job plans, containing schedules, labor, work packs, procedures, tools, materials and equipment. Works with engineering offices to provide planning, scheduling, technical and document management support. Assists in the implementation of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) programs for all applicable maintenance departments. In addition, the Maintenance Planner supports departments with the administration of the Computer Maintenance Management System (i.e. Maximo) for their assigned department. The incumbent is generally, assigned work of an intermediate to complex nature, and receives guidance from the Senior Maintenance Planner or Manager on the most complex matters. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Works, with minimal assistance, to develop scopes of work, resource requirements, and parts requirements to complete preventive and corrective maintenance tasks in a safe, compliant, efficient, and effective manner.
- Ensures that Work Orders are properly generated, planned, and closed within WMATA's Computerized Maintenance Management System (Maximo) to maintain an accurate workorder backlog that maintenance can efficiently work from.
- Works with managers and supervisors within assigned maintenance departments regarding the scope of job plans to secure the necessary manpower and resources for effective production and maintenance outcomes
- Collaborates with maintenance departments to establish job plan timelines and goals to determine and arrange required shop work in order to minimize downtime and interruptions to normal operations.
- Performs short- and long-range planning activities, including regular analysis of corrective maintenance (CM) and preventive maintenance (PM) backlogs to balance and sustain a proactive, preventive/predictive maintenance program.
- Supports senior planners with periodically collecting and analyzing preventive maintenance work orders to inform stakeholders of compliance, related to statutory inspections and maintenance.
- Supports department Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) (i.e. Maximo) SME's with technical or procedural guidance to ensure accurate asset configuration, work order management, and execution of work campaigns.
The functions listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision. Evaluation Criteria
- Creates maintenance job plans for WMATA's vehicles, sub-systems, components and support equipment within Maximo, allowing for the proper execution of maintenance activities including.
- Manages work order backlog to effectively prioritize work and optimize execution efficiency.
- Updates maintenance procedures within CMMS as necessary based on the review of equipment work order history and failure analysis to maintain the effectiveness and efficiency of established maintenance job plans.
- Responds to inquiries made by Authority stakeholders related to asset history, periodic inspections, and compliance to assist in identifying trends and making recommendations to improve safety.
- Visits the field to assure that all job plan steps are being complied with.
- Prepares maintenance job plan projections for budget planning purposes.
- Works closely with Maintenance Schedulers to optimize the maintenance schedules of a job plan.
- Serves as backup and support for Maintenance Planners responsible for other operational areas when they are absent due to vacation, sickness, or special projects.
- Trains other staff members in work methods and procedures.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Skills and/or behavioral assessment
- Personal interview
- Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
- Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
- Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
- Review of a current motor vehicle report
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.