Minimum Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering and/or Automotive Technology
- In lieu of a bachelor's degree, High School Diploma or GED and four (4) years of experience performing data analytics and visualization activities, developing reports and presentations or analyzing performance programs, in addition to the experience requirement below.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience conducting data analytics and visualization activities using vehicle fleet or other transportation related asset data;
- Five (5) years of experience in equipment design, reliability engineering, asset management, and/or asset maintenance planning & scheduling activities for transit vehicle fleets or relatable field;
- Experience developing and/or analyzing maintenance or other performance programs for a large transportation organization;
- Experience developing and/or analyzing transportation industry operations, best practices, policies, methodologies, challenges.
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations. Job Summary/Duties:
The Bus Maintenance Analyst performs technical and administrative fleet maintenance analysis work in the Department of Bus Services (BUSV). The incumbent is responsible for the analysis of bus and related subsystems and maintenance programs to improve the performance and reliability of rolling stock. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The above duties and responsibilities are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. It is not intended to limit in any way the right of supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision. Evaluation Criteria
- Analyzes corrective actions on particular bus maintenance problems and performance reliability of bus systems and subsystems.
- Attends training sessions to maintain up-to-date knowledge of bus operations and maintenance programs.
- Develops technical reports and presentations on fleet performance and reliability for senior level managers.
- Tracks performance milestones against pre-determined goals and targets. Makes recommendations on target setting and adjustments as needed.
- Develops and monitors productivity measures for each functional area of bus maintenance.
- Ensures all technical documentation is accessible to mechanics and maintenance staff via the BMNT webpage for reference and that all technical information is provided to appropriate BUSV personnel.
- Ensures that maintenance milestones, are accurately documented. Evaluates bus system failures.
- Reviews maintenance records, incident, inspection reports and vehicle repair orders to ensure proper responsibility is documented
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Skills and/or behavioral assessment
- Personal interview
- Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
- Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
- Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
- Review of a current motor vehicle report
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.