Westat is seeking technical Helpdesk agents to work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (available between: 8:30am - 5:30pm) with the ability to support projects receiving requests for assistance via phone, email, and voice mail. This important field helpdesk is critical to support our field interviewers, respondents, home office staff, and other project participants. Field Helpdesk staff should remain calm and patient under pressure and thrive in a team environment. They also support equipment configuration, shipment, receipt, and tracking.
- Answer technical calls, emails, and voicemails and document highly detailed issues into customized tracking systems.
- Solve or troubleshoot problems that relate to the technical support of a wide variety of issues including hardware, survey software and various systems, debit cards, and data transmissions.
- Answer procedural questions that require a strong understanding of current operating systems, browsers, and the ability to resolve issues with peripheral devices.
- Provide administrative tasks to other areas or functions of the project on an as needed basis, such as those requiring the use of Microsoft Office products or creating FedEx labels.
- Assist with the configuration of laptops, shipping and receipt of equipment, and equipment tracking.
- Work in our Rockville office at least 2 days per week and transport equipment, as needed, between our Montgomery County locations.
The successful candidate should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, be detail-oriented, and have a highly organized approach to work and strong problem-solving skills.
- A High School Diploma and some college courses are required to apply
- Must have customer service experience including LogMeIn123.
- Experience with ServiceNow and/or Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience with Survey Monkey or other study management systems
- Experience using Azure and/or InTune
These assignments are temporary hourly positions. Benefits are based on hours worked and tenure.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.