Dewberry is currently seeking a Chief Information Officer (CIO)
in the Washington,
DC metro area.
. As a key member of Dewberry's executive team, the CIO will oversee the development and evolution of the organization's information technology platform, including an anticipated fully integrated ERP implementation.
The organization is focused on finding a strategic technology leader to assume responsibility for planning the technology road map, accelerating business growth, leading new project implementations, driving operation efficiencies, and stabilizing/securing current systems and processes. This is a highly visible, hands-on position that requires developing productive relationships with the executive leadership team and functional leaders to support and impact the entire organization.
This role will oversee logistics including lease and vehicle management, security and building management. S/he will also oversee all aspects of cybersecurity.
The selected candidate will be a self-motivated, creative thinker with strong organizational and technical skills. The CIO will promote Dewberry's culture and values and be skilled at leading a team across multiple sites. S/he will utilize his/her extensive IT knowledge, people management, and change management experience to focus the team members around the most important goals and targets, build a culture of accountability, and deliver consistent performance and high-quality service. Excellent leadership and communications skills are imperative for this role as well as the ability to flourish in a dynamic environment and a customer service business.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Partner closely with Dewberry's Executive and Senior Leadership teams to ensure execution of Dewberry's strategic vision. Work closely with senior leadership to influence overall business strategy while establishing short- and long-term strategies related to the organization's information management and systems that will positively impact the organization's objectives.
- Drive consistency in information technology + governance.
- Act as a senior business advisor and partner to the executive team, prioritizing business objectives to provide tangible technology solutions in support of building and transforming the business.
- Assess the current IT portfolio and assure that the portfolio is optimized to support innovation, enable improvements and achieve cost optimization. Build and demonstrate excellent IT value and performance across infrastructure, applications and IT operations, and implement systems and capabilities that advance the business strategy.
- Create, maintain and share the IT strategic transformation roadmap that enables the future business capabilities model. Establish, manage, and leverage metrics program to implement improvements to services with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Monitor the industry for developments in IT operations; evaluate and implement relevant new tools and service management frameworks; staying updated on IT trends and emerging technologies.
- Monitor and maintain policies governing information security and business continuity.
- Leads, mentors, and develops a dynamic team of IT and logistic professionals.
- Executive level management of vendors, contractors, and service providers to ensure Company's high level of innovation and support.
- Forge strong alliances with key senior business leaders, such as the Group Presidents, Business Unit Managers, marketing, HR, legal, and the CFO, ensuring that the senior leadership team has a shared view of agreed IT objectives, role and commitments.
- Provide leadership to the team, while fostering a culture of accountability, growth, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior to build a dynamic IT team.
- Emulate Dewberry's core values day-to-day with internal and external interactions.
- Cultivate a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging for all team members.
- Hold team members accountable to clearly communicated objectives.
- Be a positive thought and action leader, fostering exceptional communication and interaction between all company constituencies in a mission driven environment.
- Embrace change. Seek out professional challenges and thrive in fast-paced and demanding environments.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; post-graduate degree preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of IT management, with a minimum of 5 years building and leading an IT team.
- Understanding of multi-site operations and managing large scale technology solutions, while simultaneously drilling down to triage specific site.
- Proven ability to build and execute thoughtful business plans to advocate for investing in advanced technology solutions.
- Experience implementing an ERP system along with scalable, fully integrated solutions.
- Ability to translate transformational business needs into practical, economical, workable product solutions that scale both technically and operationally.
- Proven business process improvement professional with a six-sigma process mindset, with the ability to guide decision making on how to leverage technology to further automate after process enhancements have been realized.
- Advanced analytics skills, able to organize and direct the team to develop insights to implement into and drive the business.
- Strong cybersecurity background and ability to assess the current security state and develop policies and procedures around incident threat response planning.
- Experience with FedRAMP, NIST, CCSP, GDPR, CISSP, or comparable compliance regulations.
- Ability to manage the enterprise-wide information security governance process, working cross-functionally with other IT functions as needed.
- Experience with office lease management, vehicle fleets and building maintenance.
- Forward thinking, with a focus on building and continually enhancing high touchpoint consumer experiences
- Strong, high energy, inspirational leadership style that builds culture, without sacrificing results and enforcing accountability. Genuine passion for being a part of a mission driven industry.
- Proven ability to set individual team member objectives for strong performance management.
- Executive level communication and negotiation skills. Ability to communicate across the internal organization and outside partners adapting style as needed for technical or non-technical audiences.
- Excellent talent management skills with the ability to attract talent and create sustainable pipelines of talent, ready to support scale and growth.
- Ability to de-escalate conflict, engaging multiple constituents when necessary to arrive at win-win solutions.
- Financial acumen, budget and planning skills.
- Either hold or have the ability to obtain a Top-Secret Security Clearance.
D on't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for our employees. So if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
* Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.