Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We are seeking Full Stack Software Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging Cyber Security technologies.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of protecting our customers and our enterprise against malicious activity. You'll have the opportunity to build solutions using a combination of big-data analytics, machine learning, and web applications to analyze, detect and visualize risk activities for our security analysts to act quickly What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, mentoring other members of the engineering community
- Collaborate with Cyber product managers, and deliver comprehensive cloud-based solutions that build security features to protect applications, systems, and data from cyber threats
- Utilize programming languages like React, Node JS, TypeScript, SQL, Python, Apache Spark, AWS RDS and NoSQL databases, Container Orchestration services including Docker and Kubernetes, and a variety of AWS tools and serverless technologies
- Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to make sure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
- Manage, maintain infrastructure, code deployments through automated deployment pipelines
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 4 years of experience in software engineering (Internship experience does not apply)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- 5+ years of experience with Python
- 3+ years of experience in big data technologies( Spark, Spark-SQL, or Spark Streaming)
- 1+ years of experience with SQL
- 1+ years of experience with Node.js
- 1+ years of data warehousing experience (Redshift or Snowflake)
- 1+ year experience working on real-time data and streaming applications
- 1+ years of experience with AWS
- 1+ years of experience with React
- 3+ years of experience in open source frameworks
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).