West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Principal Risk Specialist (Card)
As a Principal Risk Specialist at Capital One you'll be responsible for working with business partners to identify and mitigate potential risks to Capital One. Principal Risk Specialists at Capital One are the front line of defense to ensure our Company remains stable and profitable.
Principal Risk Specialists at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent organizational and communication skills. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company.
In this role as the Principal Risk Specialist for first line Model Governance, you will work closely with Card Intelligence leaders and key stakeholders to ensure the controls and support processes are in place and adhered to from a well managed perspective. As a key member of the extended team, you will be relied upon to identify potential risks as well as collaborate on providing the appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Serve as a liaison, interfacing primarily with business partners, legal, and compliance to drive meaningful reductions in risk
- Execute first line monitoring controls by reviewing model adherence to internal standards and regulatory compliance, identifying gaps, and submitting results in system of record
- Synthesize data and reporting; perform analysis and bring valuable business insights through evaluation of data provided by team analysts
- Design, implement, and influence internal governance processes
- Provide updates and enhancements to executive risk reporting forums
- Serve as primary Model Risk point of contact for Risk and Controls Self Assessment process
- Support audits, exams, and assessments conducted by internal second and third line functions and external regulatorsAssess controls, issues, and events to create insights across business areas
- Manage, implement, and deliver on a key program deliverables
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You are a critical thinker who seeks to understand the business, its processes, risks and control environment
- You create energy and an environment that fosters trust, collaboration, and belonging.
- You possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives
- You do the right thing and lead by example. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of the team
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 1 year of Risk Management Experience (Financial Services, Technology, Digital, Audit, Compliance)
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience
- At least 3 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters/MBA
- 1+ years of experience in model risk management
- 3+ years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects and programs in Risk
- 3+ years of Risk Management experience (Financial Services, Acquisition or Existing Account Strategy development and execution, Audit, Compliance)
- Professional certifications within risk management or assurance (Certified Risk Management Professional, Certified Internal Auditor).
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).