The Management Support Specialist responsible for program management and public affairs functions pertaining to the bankruptcy community. The position is located in the Office of Planning and Evaluation in the Executive Office for U.S. Trustees (EOUST), Washington, DC and will assist with the USTP's responsibilities, including:
- Assisting with the implementation of the statutorily mandated debtor audit process, including periodic reviews of process design.
- Developing and implementing protocols related to the USTP's internal peer evaluation program.
- Drafting and editing written materials for bankruptcy-related articles, case summary reports, leadership speeches and testimony, press releases, and other outreach efforts to the bankruptcy community.
- Assisting with responses to bankruptcy-related inquiries received from members of the press.
- Coordinating responses to inquiries received from members of Congress, citizens, and other external parties.
- Facilitating and participating in an internal validation process for internal databases.
To accomplish the above initiatives, the incumbent will:
1. Coordinate special projects involving multiple functional areas.
2. Coordinate actions, clarify responsibilities, and establish timelines for completion.
3. Consolidate and review data as necessary to ensure the accomplishment of objectives, timeliness, and acceptability.
4. Provide advice and guidance for improvements and anticipate areas of concern.
5. Plan, coordinate, analyze, and evaluate operations.
6. Recommend changes to operating practices and provide guidance on applying new guidelines.
7. Serve as the central point of contact for authoritative information on programmatic policies, procedures, and requirements.
8. Participate in staff and management level meetings and discussions about the activities encompassed in the functions of the position.
You will perform other duties as assigned in accordance and within scope of the position description.
The duties listed above are generally written for one grade level. If the position is advertised at multiple grades, the duties will be adjusted in difficulty, complexity, and level of supervision, for higher or lower grades, as appropriate. Organizations may also add other duties as assigned' once you are hired, based on what is included and allowed by the position description. RequirementsConditions of Employment
QualificationsThis vacancy is open to R ECENT GRADUATES , who have completed an academic program of study or degree program from a college, university, or vocational school within the last two year from the date of this announcement. I
- You must be a United States Citizen or National.
- You must successfully pass a security/background investigation and drug screening.
- You may be required to complete a one-year trial/probationary period.
- Selective Service registration is required, see the announcement for full details.
- Under Pathways Recent Graduate regulations, you are eligible only if you have graduated from an academic program of study or earned your degree within the last two years.
- This vacancy is open to RECENT GRADUATES, who have completed an academic program of study or degree program from a college, university, or vocational school within the last two years from the closing date of this announcement.
- A USA Hire assessment is required. An email will be sent with additional information after you submit your application. You will have 48 hours from the closing date of this announcement to complete the assessment.
f you are appointed to a position under this program, you will need to complete a requisite number of work and training hours, based on the agreement you will complete with the hiring office and the agency Pathways program coordinator. After completing the required number of work and training hours, and meeting all other program requirements, you may be eligible for a conversion to a term or permanent appointment.
To learn more about the specific requirements and conditions of the Pathways Recent Graduate program, please see the USAJOBS Students & Recent Graduates page, or the OPM Pathways Program site... In addition to the requirements above, you must also meet the specific qualifications requirements for this announcement and the occupational series and grade of this position as described in the Qualifications section below. Please pay careful attention to the entire announcement to ensure you understand these important requirements.
To qualify for the position of Management Support Specialist (Recent Graduate)
(GS-0301-9), you must meet the basic qualification requirements listed below AND possess the required specialized experience specific to this series and grade. You must possess at least one of the following requirements for the GS-9 grade-level:
1. At least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level which is in, or directly related to, the line of work of a Management Support Specialist. At a minimum, specialized experience must be in or related to the following: Draft correspondence and/or other written materials; Provide customer service and/or respond to requests from internal and external stakeholders; AND Working knowledge of various computer applications OR
2. A master's or equivalent degree related to the position; or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree such; or LLB or J.D., if related. OR
3. A combination of education and specialized experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. You must have some specialized experience as described above in number 1 but less than one year; and have more than one year, but less than two years of education as described in number 2. To compute the percentage, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the first year (total graduate semester hours minus 18) by 18. Add the two percentages. qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 10/02/2023.
Your resume must support your responses to the online questionnaire and the qualification requirements. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating. See the Required Documents section for important notes about what must be included in your resume. EducationIf you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be reviewed and certified by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be creditable toward your qualifications. Therefore, you should provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education . Foreign Education:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For more information about this requirement, please visit the U.S. Department of Education website for Foreign Education Evaluation .
All documentation must be in English or include an English translation. Additional information
After completing the required number of work and training hours, and meeting all other program requirements, you may be eligible for a conversion to a term or permanent appointment. To learn more about the specific requirements and conditions of the Pathways Recent Graduate program, please see the USAJOBS Students & Recent Graduates page, or the OPM Pathways Program site...
Preference Eligible Veterans and Military Spouses : If you are entitled to veteran's preference due to your military service or the service of a qualifying spouse or family member, you must provide the appropriate verification documents, which may include a DD-214 Member Number 4 Copy, an SF-15 Application for 10pt Veterans Preference, a VA Disability Letter, and/or Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders. The specific documents you need to provide depend on whether you are claiming a 5- or 10-point preference for yourself or as a qualifying family member. Please see USAJOBS Veterans Preference for more details.
- DOJ EEO Statement/Policy: https://www.justice.gov/jmd/page/file/1394116/download
- Selective Service: If you were born male, on or after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. Additional information is found at: www.sss.gov .
- REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS: DOJ policy can be found at: https://www.justice.gov/jmd/eeos/manual-and-procedures-providing-reasonable-accommodation . If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and Americans with Disabilities Act 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be granted the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation in your online application. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and appropriate supporting documentation for Reasonable Accommodation must be received prior to starting the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, after notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. You must complete all assessments within 48 hours of receiving the URL to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, if you received the link after the close of the announcement. To determine if you need a Reasonable Accommodation, please review the Procedures for Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Online Assessments here: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Reasonable_Accommodations_for_USA_Hire