RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Provide update reports to supervisors, the Brigade Commander and 7th SC (T) regarding outages, Authorized Service Interruptions (ASIs), and any other incidents.
- Use standard enterprise-level tools to monitor and assess the status of network operations.
- Ensure continual operation and maintenance (O and M) of operations center information systems during the assigned shifts.
- Review, coordinate, direct, and participate in negotiating technical and reporting requirements within the AO.
- Establish and maintain contacts with other information collecting and reporting organizations within the Army and other government agencies in order to exchange information, obtain additional views, and coordinate efforts.
- Understand the possible impact of ASIs and present to leadership and mission partners in order for all to have the necessary information to provide informed concurrence on upcoming ASIs.
- Provide analysis and situation awareness of reportable issues to supervisors and the Brigade Commander in accordance with established reporting procedures.
QualificationsWho May Apply:
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Three year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- This position requires the incumbent to work shift work.
- This position may routinely require temporary travel of approximately 20 percent.
- The employee may be required to work overtime.
- The employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Call back and emergency duty are regular requirements of this position.
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Army Cyber Excepted Service (CES) Employee
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Civilian Employees of the Organization Applying to Cyber Excepted Service (CES) Positions
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current DoD Cyber Excepted Service (CES) Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent DoD Civilian Employee (non-Army) Applying to Cyber Excepted Service Positions
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer Applying to Cyber Excepted Service Positions
- United States Citizen Applying to a Cyber Excepted Service (CES) Position
Army CES positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 3005, "CES Employment and Placement". If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.This position is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Performance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe one year of specialized experience that demonstrates the possession of knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Such experience is typically in or directly related to the work of the position to be filled. Specialized experience would be demonstrated by: recommending specifications or requirements for organizational information network systems; preparing technical data on network operations for reporting purposes; evaluating network or communication systems equipment for reliability and efficiency; and ensuring problems concerning network services are expeditiously resolved.
The specialized experience must include, or be supplemented by, information technology related experience (paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training, as appropriate) which demonstrates each of the four competencies, as defined:
(1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: completing thorough and accurate work independently, even in the most difficult or stressful situations; occasionally reviewing work completed by others.
(2) Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: resolving routine and non-routine problems, questions, or complaints; developing and maintaining strong, mutually supportive working relationships with customers; conducting evaluation of support to determine quality of services and customer satisfaction, and recommending procedural changes based on customer need or changes in policy and/or regulation.
(3) Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: convincingly conveying complex information to customers; presenting thoughts that are well-organized and demonstrating confidence in the facts and ideas; adjusting style when working with individuals with different levels of understanding; using various methods to explain and convey information.
(4) Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: solving complex or sensitive problems by developing and proposing strategic alternatives; identifying possible conflicts and shared benefits; helping team anticipate problems and identifying and evaluating potential sources of information; providing feedback and coaching to others to help solve problems; engaging appropriate stakeholders when developing solutions in order to understand and incorporate multiple perspectives and needs; evaluating the effectiveness of decisions and adjusting future decisions as appropriate. Education
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted. Additional information
- If you are a current federal career/career-conditional employee, you will be placed on an excepted appointment.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Field 34 - Information Technology/Cyber Management Position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Recruitment or relocation incentives MAY be authorized for highly qualified candidates.