ERP International is seeking a Registered Dietitian for a full-time position at David Grant Medical Center, Travis AFB, CA. Apply online today and discover more about this outstanding employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2023 Top Workplaces!
Connect With Us! Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 12 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, Health Savings Account available, STD, LTD and Life Insurance! and more!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
The salary range for this position is $45.00/hr to $50.00/hr. Compensation will be determined based on several factors including but not limited to skill set, years of experience, and the employee's geographic location.
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Monday - Friday, 8 hour days between 7:30am - 4:30pm.
Job Specific Details and Tasks:
• Plan and organize work of considerable difficulty and responsibility under minimal supervision.
• Participate in research and performance improvement studies.
• Conduct nutrition assessment/evaluation which includes nutrient intake, activity level, appetite, intake of vitamins, minerals, nutritional supplements, and other complimentary alternative medicine usage, weight history, taste changes, feeding problems, food intolerance, food-drug interactions, unhealthy diet behaviors, socioeconomic and ethnic background, documented medical history, current diagnoses and medical treatment modalities, current drug therapy, and clinical signs and symptoms of nutritional deficiencies.
• Apply the basic principles of enteral and parenteral nutrition support.
• Apply principles and practices of clinical dietetics and medical nutrition therapy in order to plan, develop, and independently coordinate medical nutrition therapy intervention, interdisciplinary care plans, and nutrition education activities.
• Conduct studies, analysis, and document findings to evaluate staff, food, nutrition supplements/feeding or meal alternatives and therapies, supplies, equipment, and service in order to improve the efficiency of the operation.
• Apply current food service systems management, principles, and practices within a healthcare environment.
• Strengthens human performance and total force readiness by providing nutrition awareness, education and intervention programs while promoting nutrition environment that facilitates healthy eating behaviors targeted at Air Force Medical Service (AFMS) beneficiaries.
• Must attend and successfully complete the first available Group Lifestyle/Balance Lifestyle Coach training at the performance location (Government Training).This training may be via webinar or in-person at the discretion of the government and availability of the course. If travel is required, the ordering location will use a reimbursable travel contract line item.
• Must have direct hands-on experience in the last 3 years with computer operations, basic word processing, data entry, and use/maintenance of automated electronic medical records is required. Maintains data quality management in program execution. Must be able to use basic computer applications for word processing, record keeping, presentations, and nutrition assessment (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and Outlook).
• Should be a role model in healthy lifestyle behaviors.
• Must have good verbal and written communication, ability to effectively communication with a wide variety of individuals, and use of technology to present and convey the information effectively.
• Administers comprehensive nutrition prevention programs, nutrition assessment, prescriptions, coaching/counseling, and various other health and nutrition programs/activities that meet the needs of the installation community at large.
• Coordinates/collaborates with Health Promotions and Nutritional Medicine Flight staff to deliver programs in a variety of community settings to include the MTF, community facilities, and individual unit worksites.
• Executes nutrition policy and program requirements IAW instruction and guidance established by AF/SG. Responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating nutrition-related prevention programs and services IAW Air Force instructions, guidelines, and population needs.
• Uses a wide range of principles, practices and procedures of the science of dietetics and behavior change theories required to plan, implement and evaluate effective nutrition programs.
• In partnership with Health Promotion and Nutritional Medicine Flight staff, assesses nutrition behaviors, environment and needs of the beneficiary population using available and applicable tools; determine/prioritize appropriate installation nutrition priorities IAW AF HP healthy weight and nutrition goals.
• Employs evidenced-based nutrition methods and behavior change theories in to develop, coordinate, implement, market and evaluate comprehensive primary, secondary and tertiary nutrition programs and services, as well as other related health and wellness programs, aimed at nutrition improvement, total force readiness and disease prevention/intervention for the beneficiary population.
• Regularly researches, develops/acquires, and maintains materials to implement comprehensive evidence-based nutrition programs and services to meet population health priorities and beneficiary needs.
• Provides Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) for clients from the MTF and as mission allows develops nutrition components of chronic disease management protocols.
• Employs adult learning, behavior change theories (e.g. Motivational Interviewing, coaching, counseling), and teaching techniques to conduct a variety of individual and group nutrition and lifestyle interventions.
• Maintains data quality management (e.g. coding, MEPRS) and reporting requirements in program execution IAW AF instruction and guidance, the Joint Commission and Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
• Documents nutrition education and/or medical nutrition therapy IAW The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) Nutrition Care Process, and Nutrition Care Manual and other applicable standards in the electronic health record. Adheres to USAF dietetics peer review standards.
• Provides expertise to develop, implement, and evaluate nutrition programs for all populations.
• Communicates and coordinates nutrition health promotion programs among local leadership and targets beneficiary populations.
• Employs appropriate social marketing tools to meet program goals and objectives.
• Participates in teleconferences, updates, working groups, review panels, symposiums related to nutrition education/MNT programming, management or operations. Reports metrics as required in support of USAF nutrition and health promotion programs.
• Delivers briefings, educational sessions, seminars, and worksite wellness programs as needed.
• Maintains positive relationships with both internal and external MHS/AFMS customers.
• Works closely with the interdisciplinary team to identify target populations.
* Education:Bachelor's or graduate/higher level degree in the fields of dietetics, food, nutrition, food service management, institution management, or related science. The educational program must have been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained; Completion of a coordinated undergraduate program, internship, or other clinical component approved by AND (formerly ADA) for dietitians or nutritionists.
* Experience:Possesses no less than three (3) years of experience in the last 5 years in health promotion, obesity & weight management and life style counseling, including knowledge of the Diabetes Prevention Program Outcomes studies and the National Diabetes Prevention Program. Must have experience coordinating and facilitating group health education classes and activities, organizing and implementing outreach events, and working with both youth and adult populations.
* Licensure: Must maintain currency through continuing education in dietetics and nutrition in compliance with the CDR of the ACEND requirements.
* Clinical Certification:Professional registration as a Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN).
* Life Support Certification: Possess current BLS certification
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.