Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Product Management - Integrated Spend Experience Team As part of the Integrated Spend Experiences Team, within the Emerging Payments line of business at Capital One, this Client Orchestration Product Manager will be responsible for driving new product strategy while managing the current performance of our experiences. In this role within Emerging Payments space, you will be responsible for supporting the digital commerceproduct integration strategies, gaining consensus and growing relationships across our internal and external partner groups. You will work closely with the Product Director on helping to set a vision for the future of spend experiences for our customers, including spend controls, expiration strategies, and more. This role will work closely with product and design teams across Emerging Payments and the greater Card organization, to better understand the unique desires, needs and pain points of our Card, Bank, and Small Business customers in order to ideate, develop, deliver and delight best in class payments user experiences.
If you are excited by the future of the payments industry and how you can contribute to making our customers' lives better - keep reading! Product Management
Product Management at Capital One is a booming, vibrant craft that requires reimagining the status quo, finding value creation opportunities, and driving innovative and sustainable customer experiences through technology.
We believe our portfolio of businesses and investments in growth and transformation will result in a company with the scale, brand, capabilities, talent, and values to succeed as the digital revolution transforms our society and our industry.
Do you dream of well-designed and intuitive products and customer experiences? Do you want to be the one who introduces change to help tens of millions of customers make smarter financial choices? Do you want to change the way people manage their money? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then product management at Capital One may be a fit for you In this role, you'll be expected to demonstrate proficiency in four key areas
- Human Centered
- You'll define clear and actionable problem statements to help teams deliver results while displaying a comprehensive understanding of iterative software delivery, capable of thin-slice MVP grooming
- You'll leverage customer insights to influence priorities and roadmap feature development while advocating for and driving alignment between stakeholders in the development of acceptance criteria
- You'll obsess over UX/UI patterns and seek to create world class, omni-channel experiences
- Business Focused
- You'll own and prioritize the near-term product roadmap to deliver on business outcomes, quickly identifying points of leverage in complex problems or systems, and utilizing data effectively to define success metrics and measurable outcomes
- You'll utilize balanced judgment in decisions about risks of both actions taken and not taken while innovating on ways to iterate faster in a well-managed way for the immediate team
As part of the Integrated Spend Experiences Product Team and as the Product Manager at the helm, you'll lead and have access to:
- Technology Driven
- You'll understand and leverage technology and end-state architecture vision to partner with technology team to drive comprehensive design decisions out of white space technical problems
- You'll share business strategy and roadmap with Tech partners to establish context while also leading and facilitating agile ceremonies alongside Tech Lead
- You'll deliver value by creating reusable, extensible and resilient capabilities and proactively identify opportunities when key metrics on security, resilience and performance are not performing
- Transformational Leadership
- You'll develop and communicate a 6-month vision to senior stakeholders and partner teams with accurate details and transparency on risks and impediments, and proactively build relationships with those outside of your immediate team resulting in horizontal influence
- You'll Contribute to team culture and recruiting by leading activities to attract and retain top talent and mentoring and developing junior product associates
We want you if you are:
- The technology and data teams who help fuel the client orchestration team, in order to support the client side of the work happening in Emerging Payments- guiding the journey as you shape and deliver new products for customer success, integrations and marketing
- Working across all of the EASE based customer experiences for the Enterprise - delivering exceptional customer experience around virtual card, spend management, digital wallet
- Being a part of the ISX-Core leadership team (including Tech + Product leads from across ISX) - providing an opportunity to bring your own experience, energy and ability to strategize and influence to the table, in order to continually improve our products and well managed practices
- Intellectually Curious . You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer. Comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn and a seeker of new challenges.
- Communicator & Influencer. You can communicate complex ideas clearly regardless of your audience. Our team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. You always can rally associates to work with you.
- Do-er. You're biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can get around roadblocks and stay focused on your goals. You're well organized, able to multitask and able to prioritize your work.
- Passionate & Customer Focus . You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You get a thrill from the journey of building and shipping products, and you have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs.
- Learner. You have an appetite to learn new things or new technologies all while exhibiting humbleness when the time comes to ask for help.
- Team Player. You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal. You have the ability to put the team before yourself and establish long-lasting relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of product management experience or at least 3 years of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineering
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).