RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Administer financial management program including Government Purchasing and Travel Card programs
- Advise on pay, benefits, entitlements, incentives, and assist with correcting pay issues
- Manage the daily operations of a US Army Reserve unit's mission readiness program
- Represent the US Army Reserve Troop Program Unit Commander in his/her absence
- Perform as the record manager.
- Serve as the unit physical security coordinator.
- Review regulations and directives and implements changes in appropriate manner.
- Compile data and create products to present at briefings
- Prepare and review command correspondence for content and accuracy.
- Manage unit and individual personnel and medical readiness
- Execute the unit's supply and logistics program
- Coordinate the management of unit and individual training readiness.
QualificationsWho May Apply:
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP IN THE UNITED STATES ARMY RESERVES (USAR).
- This position requires a SECRET clearance
- This position may be required to work weekends.
- This position requires the incumbent to successfully complete the Unit Administrator Basic Course within 18 months of appointment
- This position requires the incumbent to successfully complete the Unit Pay Administrator Course within 18 months of appointment.
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Postal Service/Peace Corps and Other Unique Authorities
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .One year of specialized experience
One year of specialized experience is defined as providing administrative assistance in support of a military unit or military activity in one or more of the following areas: unit or individual training, medical readiness, personnel actions, financial actions, supply, or logistics; performing day-to-day administrative functions; and preparing or reviewing written products.. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).
: Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position, such as: Business Administration, Strategic Management and Organizational Design and Development.
orCombination of Education and Experience
: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the first year (total graduate semester hours minus 18) by 18. Add the two percentages.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Administration and Management
- Fundamentals and Operations of Military and Civilian Pay
- Organizational Awareness
- Technical Competence
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-07). EducationFOREIGN EDUCATION:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html . Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Human Capital & Resource Management position Career Field (CF50)
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.