At the full performance level, major duties include:
- Assists with the quarterly assessment process to ensure that accurate invoices are available to insured institutions via FDICconnect within the prescribed timeframes.
- Supports the daily operations of the assessment program, including assessment data reporting and payment collection activities to ensure that all insured institutions are paying appropriate insurance premiums.
- Assists in developing assessment-related policies and procedures in coordination with DOF staff.
- Assists in maintaining the Assessment Information Management System (AIMS) to ensure compliance with assessment-related Corporate policies and procedures.
- Assists in the review of proposed changes and modifications to the Call Report; Advance Notices of Proposed Rulemaking; Proposed Rules; Final Rules; and Financial Institution Letters to ensure assessment reporting requirements are met.
- Provides customer service to officials of banking organizations and other interested parties, including answering routine questions and providing general information pertaining to assessment payments and processes.RequirementsConditions of Employment
Registration with the Selective Service.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Completion of Financial Disclosure may be required.
Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.Qualifications
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here .To qualify, applicants must meet one of the following:Qualify based on EXPERIENCE:
To qualify, applicants must have completed at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the 07 grade level or above in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience performing analyses of accounting or finance data to support program policies and procedures.-OR-Qualify based on EDUCATION:
To qualify based on education, applicants must possess a master's or equivalent graduate degree in a related field of study that demonstrated the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to do the work.OR
Two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate degree in a related field of study that demonstrated the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to do the work, OR a LL.B. or J.D., if related.OR
A combination of experience and education equivalent to the amount required.
All academic degrees and coursework must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
Applicants must have met the qualification requirements (including selective placement factors - if any) for this position within 30 calendar days of the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 85 "well qualified" for this position. For more information, Click Here .Education
See requirements stated under QUALIFICATIONS.Additional information
Selectee(s) for this position will be required to report to their duty station office 3 days per week beginning January 1, 2024.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary or trial period as applicable to appointment type.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here .