RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Presents process improvement initiatives to the IRM Steering/Executive Committee, IRM senior staff, the ITEC, and other Departmental and Federal agency officials.
- Leads GPI staff and governance board members in development, implementation and tracking of project plans as a means of advancing maturity of IRM service management and delivery practices.
- Works closely with IRM governance boards and the ITEC to provide management analysis, guidance, and advice to ensure alignment of governance boards, working groups and projects with the IRM Strategic Plan.
- Carries out related duties and responsibilities typical of a first level supervisory position in Department of State.
- Directs staff in reviewing IT-related regulations, policies, projects, and procedures in partnership with BMP/SPB/SPD and other divisions, that govern delivery of IRM products and services to Bureau customers.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements described below by the closing date of this announcement. NOTE:
Applicants must meet time-in-grade and time after competitive appointment requirements, by the closing date of this announcement.Time-In-Grade Requirements:
Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions, per 5CFR 300, Subpart F.Applicants applying for the GS-15 grade level must meet the following requirements: Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND specialized experience listed below: Attention to Detail - experience reviewing my own information technology-related work or data and have been responsible for reviewing the work of others to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with standards. Customer Service - developing and maintaining relationships with customers, anticipating, and assessing the current and future information technology needs of customers, and developing or identifying information technology products or services that are tailored to meet customer needs. Oral Communication - briefing senior-level management and IT staff on the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the communication of complex technical information to a non-technical audience. Problem Solving - identifying alternatives to address unique, highly complex, or sensitive information technology-related issues. I have anticipated information technology-related problems and have identified and evaluated potential sources of information to generate alternative solutions. AND
Have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal service which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience developing IT policies and/or procedures for an organization.
- Experience managing IT projects and providing recommendations.
- Experience analyzing processes for their impact on services and developing and presenting reports.
In order to qualify for this position, your experience MUST be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-15 position.In addition, applicant's experience must also demonstrate that the candidate possesses the following qualities:
- Ability to assign, review, and supervise the work of others;
- Objectivity and fairness in judging people on their ability, and situations on the facts and circumstances;
- Ability to adjust to change, work pressures, or difficult situations without undue stress;
- Willingness to consider new ideas or divergent points of view; and
- Capacity to "see the job through."
Education requirements do not apply to this vacancy announcement.Additional information
- For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or OAA@state.gov .
- If eligible, telework agreements may be permitted with supervisory approval.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement. If eligible, applicants to this announcement may be referred to other similar positions in other Bureaus/Offices in the Department for up to 240 days. Telework eligibility and security clearance requirements may vary for such similar positions.