RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Assists supervisor and other Program Division staff members in the formulation of milestones, goals, target dates, and requirements to evaluate/analyze various aspects of projects/programs
- Assists in monitoring status of accomplishment against established schedules. tasked to identify anticipated problem areas and initiate simple corrective actions
- Identifies anticipated problem areas and initiate simple corrective actions.
- Assists in planning and organizing actions necessary to accomplish short- and long-term program goals
- Works closely with supervisor and other Program Division staff members to develop and solve problems/issues and make basic recommendations.
- Reviews and analyzes the narratives of project grant closeout reports to assist Program Division staff identify innovative and high impact grants in assigned portfolios and prepares write-ups highlighting grantee success stories.
- Identifies lessons learned from project grant audit and closeout reports assisting Program Division staff in identifying and document best practices.
- Develops and coordinates a variety of basic/routine reports, staff actions, correspondence and other related actions.
- Researches legal, financial, and regulatory material to obtain factual information and/or interpretation for use by the supervisor or other Program Division staff members.
- Builds charts/presentations based on analytical results from other Program Division staff members.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by background investigation.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.
Applicants must carefully review the information in the "How You Will Be Evaluated
" section for important information and instructions pertaining to the multi-hurdle assessment process for this position. Eligibility Requirements :
In order to be eligible for the Pathways Not-to-Exceed Internship Program
, the following qualifications must be met:
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Be a student enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree or certificate seeking student taking at least a half-time academic, technical, or vocational course load in an accredited technical, vocational, 2 or 4 year college or university, graduate or professional school. The Certificate Program requirement includes post-secondary education, in a qualifying educational institution, equivalent to at least one academic year of full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum.
- Possess and maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA or equivalent on a 4.0 scale.
*If you are currently enrolled, but in your last semester/quarter of completing your degree/certificate requirements, you must show proof of continued education such as an acceptance letter or you will be disqualified.
In order to be converted to a term or permanent position you will be required to complete 640 hours of employment.
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
A combination of education and/or experience may substitute for the specialized experience requirement.GS-07:
Completion of 1 full academic year of graduate level education; or Eligibility under the Superior Academic Achievement Provision and completion of a bachelor's degree.
1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level.
Specialized experience is that which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. Specialized experience for this position includes but is not limited to: experience utilizing office automation software to create documents, spreadsheets, and reports to accomplish administrative duties such as digital file management, word processing and spreadsheets; preparing recurring or ad hoc reports or other administrative duties for computer systems and services; scheduling and monitoring program meetings, to include development and communication of agendas and minutes; assist management and technical subject matter experts with collecting data and metrics which are leveraged within a variety of operational reports that support the program.
USADF prefers students currently enrolled in the following degree programs: international development/business/relations, international or public health, public policy, conflict studies, economics, political science, humanitarian services or other closely related field.Education
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) official or unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
Only education from institutions which are accredited or preaccredited/candidate for accreditation may be used to meet education requirements. FOREIGN EDUCATION:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html Additional information
Program Completion and Conversion Requirement
At the successful conclusion of the Pathways Program, interns may
be eligible for conversion to a permanent or a term (1-4 years in duration) appointment. Conversion is not
guaranteed. To be considered for conversion the following requirements must be met:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Completed 640 hours of work experience acquired through the internship program
- Successful completion of degree or certificate requirements from a qualifying institution
- Meet qualification requirements for the position to which you will be converted
- Performed successfully in position and documented through performance evaluations
Temporary appointees expected to work at least 130 hours per month for at least 90 days or more will be eligible to enroll in a Federal Health Benefits plan. Eligible employees that fall under this condition will receive the full government contribution to their premiums regardless of work schedule and will also be eligible to participate in the Flexible Spending Accounts and Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program. Temporary appointees are not covered by the Federal Employee Retirement System and are not eligible for Federal life, supplemental dental or supplemental vision insurance.Telework Suitability:
The duties of this position are suitable for occasional telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act. Stipulations of Employment:
Appointees must sign a Participant Agreement that sets forth the expectations for the Pathways Program.
The duration of an excepted service appointment in the Pathways Program is a trial period.
This is a temporary internship to complete project work that is temporary in nature. The appointment is not-to-exceed 1 year and can be extended without further competition based on the need of the organization for the work to continue and provided the individual continues to meet the Pathways eligibility requirements.
Must maintain half-time enrollment status and 2.0 cumulative GPA.
Student must meet eligibility requirements throughout the duration of your appointment under the Pathways Internship Program.Work Schedule:
This position allows for a flexible work schedule. Miscellaneous: ADF
uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify .
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information