RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Conduct site visits to US Army Reserve units to promote the Financial Literacy program.
- Brief leadership and staff on Financial Literacy program status to include issues and accomplishments.
- Serve as liaison between US Army Reserve units and counselors to facilitate the delivery of the Financial Literacy program.
- Assist with the scheduling of Financial Literacy program classes and events.
- Engage in work groups to ensure the financial readiness needs of service members are met.
- Coordinate the dissemination of program information through the Public Affairs office.
- Participate in the strategic planning of the Financial Literacy program within the US Army Reserve Command.
- Evaluate Financial Literacy event data to ensure the program goals are met.
- Participate in the development of a strategic plan for the Financial Literacy program based on the needs of staff.
- Recommend appropriate financial training for personnel based on Vantage requirements.
- Administer training on the operation of relevant computer software to ensure program data is entered appropriately.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- TDY in the range of up to 40-50% may be required for this position.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .Specialized Experience:
One year of specialized experience which includes participating in the implementation of a Financial Literacy program; conducting site visits to promote a Financial Literacy program; coordinating class schedules and assisting with data entry; and conducting training on the use of automated systems. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position, such as: Organizational Management, Public Administration, Business Administration.
ORCombination of Education and Experience:
A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the second year (total graduate semester hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Customer Service
- Oral Communication
- Planning and Evaluating
- Technical Competence
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html . Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Human Capital and Resource Management Career Field (CF) position. Functional Community: General Administration and Management.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/Civilian-Moving-Expenses-Tax-Deduction/ for more information.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- This is a term position. It is time-limited and may be extended in any increment up to six years with the potential to be extended beyond six years up to eight years.
- This position may be converted to permanent (career or career-conditional appointment) without further competition as long as all requirements are met. To be eligible for conversion, employee must complete at least two years of current continuous service under a term appointment in the competitive service and employee must have a current performance rating under such term appointment of at least fully successful or equivalent.