RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will analyze technical data systems to identify the effectiveness of logistics support operations.
- You will help organize the manufacturing process by verifying manpower, machine health, tooling accountability and outline and implement mitigation strategies to overcome any obstacles.
- You will coordinate reviews and actively participate in evaluation of the effectiveness of FRC organic industrial manufacturing through the review of reports and other deliverables.
- You will review conclusions and recommendations resulting from assigned projects for appropriateness and impact and develop project plans, presentations and provide briefs to different levels of leadership.
- You will maintain constant communications required with NAVSUP, DLA, FRC's Engineering and COMFRC Manufacturing Lead to support manufacturing planning and decision making.
- You will maintain contact with FRC's Planners, supervisors and leads to identify and resolve logistic issues and initiate the appropriate communication lines with all required manufacturing stakeholders.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11
grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Effectively planning and carrying out technical projects with limited supervision in order to improve the efficiency and productivity of the FRC Manufacturing Programs. 2) Utilizing Microsoft Office to perform data mining, data analysis and present findings to the COMFRC Manufacturing Lead. 3) Adhering to the fleet's readiness requirements as it pertains to Depot Level Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul operations according to the Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP). 4) Supporting the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) manufacturing processes as they mature through the development of the Centralized Planning Business Processes.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf ICTAP Applicants:
To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating in the highly qualified category (score 85) or higher. ICTAP candidates must provide copies of all of the following documentation at the time of application: 1) agency notice; 2) most recent performance appraisal; and 3) most recent SF-50 or notification of personnel action that includes position, grade level, and duty location. Applicants who do not provide this documentation will not receive consideration as an ICTAP candidate. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/ictap/
Military Spouse Preference applicants will receive priority consideration at the Full Performance Level (FPL) and if determined to be Best Qualified at the FPL, and selected, must be placed at the FPL. A BQ military spouse possesses knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies comparable to others who meet the competitive referral criteria for the specific position.
A relocation/recruitment incentive may be authorized in accordance with existing policies and procedures as well as the availability of funding.