RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Responsible for reviewing non-appropriated fund (NAF) civilian personnel actions to ensure they contain all required elements in accordance with established policies and guidance.
- Monitors and reviews Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) personnel performance evaluations.
- Ensures all evaluation submissions are timely and in accordance with established guidance and policy.
- Supports personnel staff and management with award processing.
- Completes award form documentation with provided relevant information.
- Reviews awards for accuracy, formatting, and completeness.
- Runs recurring system generated reports for management.
- Performs administrative review of generated reports ensuring organization, formatting, and accuracy of report prior to submission to supervisor.
QualificationsWho May Apply:
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Temporary duty travel (TDY) up to 5% of the time may be required.
- One-year probationary period may be required if not already served in accordance with 5 CFR criteria.
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience and/or education requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .Specialized Experience
: One year of specialized experience which includes: 1) Reviewing non-appropriated fund (NAF) civilian personnel actions to ensure they are complete and compliant; 2) Monitoring NAF personnel performance evaluations to ensure they are submitted in accordance with guidance and policy; 3) Assisting with award processing; AND 4) Running recurring system generated reports for management.
Education: One full year of graduate level education in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position, such as Business Administration, Clerical/Secretarial, etc.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) by 18. Add the two percentages.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Customer Service (Clerical/Technical)
- Manages and Organizes Information
- Personnel and Human Resources
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-06). Applicant is responsible for providing all applicable SF 50s for verification of time in grade and career status, the resume is NOT an official document and therefore will not be used when determining time in grade or career/tenure status. EducationFOREIGN EDUCATION:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html . Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- This is a(n) Medical Career Field position.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected, placement must be at the full performance level for priority consideration.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.