RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will analyze requirements to assist in the development of acquisition requests and recommend revisions to the statement of work or specifications.
- You will prepare and maintain current acquisition plans, appropriate milestone charts and relation schedules.
- You will develop objectives in terms of competition and price range and construct the contractual vehicle including the use of pricing arrangements and subcontracting possibilities.
- You will evaluate proposals for compliance with specifications and applicable clauses to determine responsiveness and responsibility.
- You will recommend the competitive range/best value and prepare pre-negotiation clearance for approval of the Contracting Officer and Contract Review Board.
- You will negotiate settlements for changes, issue delivery orders, assess liquidated or actual damages for non-performance, recommend terminations or conveniences, and issue termination notices and negotiation settlements.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Per the preliminary nationwide injunction on E.O. 14043, COVID-19 vaccinations will not be implemented or enforced. For more information on vaccine status and workplace safety protocol requirements see Additional Information below.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:GS-13:
One year at the next lower grade level, equivalent to a GS-12, determining acquisition or negotiation strategies for the contracting of equipment, supplies, or services.
Completion of all mandatory training prescribed by the head of the agency for progression to GS-13 or higher level contracting positions, including at least 4-years experience in contracting or related positions.GS-12:
One year at the next lower grade level, equivalent to a GS-11, soliciting, evaluating, awarding, or administering contracts for the procurement of equipment, supplies, or services.GS-11:
One year at the next lower grade level, equivalent to a GS-09, performing preliminary analysis of proposals concerning cost and price, or preparing solicitations, contracts and supporting documentation for the procurement of equipment, supplies, or services.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. EducationEducation requirements for the GS-11 & GS-12:
A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field.
At least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.Education requirements for the GS-13:
A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.Additional informationCOVID VACCINATION INFORMATION:
To comply with the recent preliminary nationwide injunction on Executive Order 14043, Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees, the Department of the Navy is not taking any action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. New hires will need to provide their vaccination status as well as comply with workplace safety protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Several vacancies may be filled.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.
This position is eligible for part time, full time or ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.
Vacancies filled from this announcement may be filled at any grade level listed.
If selected below the full performance level, you may be non-competitively promoted to the next higher grade level after meeting all regulatory requirements, and upon the recommendation of management. Promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed.