RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Pass on instructions to workers received from supervisors.
- Initiate assignments by identifying immediate tasks to be performed.
- Check the progress of assignments for accuracy and compliance with supervisor?s instructions.
- Provide information to supervisors keeping them abreast of current progress.
- Perform more complex repairs on heavy mobile equipment.
- Operate vehicles in order to check the work of subordinates.
- Perform repairs on various types of equipment, e.g., commercial, combat and tactical automotive, and support equipment.
- Provide guidance and advice to workers involving the proper maintenance procedures.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP AS A SOLDIER IN THE U.S. ARMY RESERVE (USAR).
- This position is subject to Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements.
- This position requires a Class A CDL within 90 days of employment.
- This position requires a Personnel Security Investigation.
- This position requires a medical examination prior to employment.
This position is being filled under the Direct Hire Authority for DoD Maintenance Activities.POSITION IS ANNOUNCED AS A STANDING REGISTER (OPEN CONTINUOUS RECRUITMENT):
First cutoff date to evaluate candidates will be 9 May 2023 at 11:59 PM. Application packages received after this date will be evaluated at a future cutoff date to be determined based on the needs of the agency. Application packages must be complete at the time referral certificates are issued. Final application disposition will be completed once all positions have been filled or the announcement reaches the end of the open period stated in the announcement.Who May Apply: US Citizens
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element)
: Ability to do the work of a(n) Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer Leader ~ without more than normal supervision. Applicants must meet the screen out element to be considered further. To meet the screen out element, applicants should document experience or show the ability to do the following: pass on instructions, demonstrate work methods, work with others and set the pace for non-supervisory repair work; check work in progress and when finished for compliance with supervisor's instructions; follow work orders and established shop procedures, policies, and other directives; interpret work instructions and assist lower graded repairers or trainees in difficult or complex tasks, and provide information to the supervisor on status and progress of work. - Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Physical Effort Required: Work requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, stretching, climbing, and crouching. Works on top of, under, or in tight compartments of equipment in cramped and awkward positions. Frequently lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds and often exerts similar effort in pushing, pulling, and positioning part assemblies and equipment. Occasionally lifts heavier items with the assistance of other workers or with lifting devices such as jacks, hoists, and cranes. Work is sometimes performed from ladders or work platforms at varying heights.
- Working Conditions: Work is performed inside and occasionally outside. The incumbent must frequently stand on hard surfaces for long periods of time. The incumbent is exposed to drafts, dirt, grease, oils, and vehicle exhaust fumes. Incumbent is exposed to some inclement weather such as wind and rain. Subject to burns, cuts, scrapes, bruises, and strains.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 17 - Materiel Maintenance Management position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary based on local prevailing rate.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/Civilian-Moving-Expenses-Tax-Deduction/ for more information.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .
- As a team leader, you must comply with the Army Civilian Education System (CES) course and timeline requirements. The Foundation Course (FC) must be completed within one year of placement into a leader position. For information on CES, please visit the following website: https://usacac.army.mil/organizations/cace/amsc/courses