RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will manage the EVMS effort at SUPSHIPNN for identification, investigation, analysis, and customer notification regarding cost and schedule performance issues on assigned contract(s).
- You will analyze contractor Cost Performance Reports and interview contractor financial and production managers as necessary to establish the cause and effect of significant variances.
- You will analyze contractor cost and schedule performance associated with significant and incentivized key events.
- You will provide feedback to the Project Officer on the contractor's ability to achieve schedule milestones within cost constraints and to the contracting officer to support incentive award decisions, worth millions of dollars.
- You will provide analysis reports, data and recommendations for development of the Government's position on significant cost issues involving contracts and prepare the associated comprehensive cost performance report analyses.
- You will attend meetings, briefings, conferences as assigned and prepare cost performance analysis reports to be used by the supervisor and/or NAVSEA Program Manager for funds management.
- You will analyze production ratios and regression analysis on self-generated curves that plot performance measurement parameters.
- You will support efforts of the command to evaluate the contractor's internal management control systems to ensure compliance with the government validated EVMS on assigned contract.
- You will periodically conduct interviews with contractor financial managers for the purpose of investigating cost and schedule variance in order to analyze cause and effect relationships.
- You will assemble cost report data from both contractor and government sources and develop independent analyses to determine incremental and long- term cost expenditure trends.
- You will use software tools to maintain long term historical records of contract changes and level of effort expenditures for the assigned contract.
- You will develop internal and external reports related to the status of contract changes and the financial impact of those changes.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- -You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final SECRET security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience
equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-09)
or pay band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector performing work evaluating contractors performance through the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) for the identification, investigation and analysis, and customer notification of cost and schedule performance issues on assigned contract(s).ORGS-09:
Your resume must demonstrate at least have one year of specialized experience
equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-07)
or pay band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector performing analysis of data results or reports on a contractor's earned value management performance to ensure compliance.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. EducationEDUCATION:The following education may be substituted for experience:FOR GS-11:
successful completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; OR
successful completion of three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent degree; OR
successful completion of an LL.M. degree that is related to the position being filled; OR
a combination of experience and graduate education as described above that equates to one year of experience.The following education may be substituted for experience:FOR GS-09:
successful completion of a master's or equivalent graduate degree; OR
successful completion of two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree; OR
obtained an LL.B. or J.D. that is related to the position being filled; OR
a combination of experience and graduate education as described above that equates to one year of experience.
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information. Additional information
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
Certain incentives (such as Recruitment, Relocation or Student Loan Repayment) may be authorized to eligible selectees.
A relocation incentive is generally a single payment intended to offset some of the relocation costs experienced by the selectee. A relocation incentive may be authorized.
Vacancies filled from this announcement may be filled at any grade level listed.
If selected below the full performance level, you may be noncompetitively promoted to the next higher grade level after meeting all regulatory requirements, and upon the recommendation of management. Promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed.
Applicants rated ineligible on this vacancy announcement need to reapply and update their application package to be considered on future vacancies filled through this announcement.
Applicants selected and hired on this vacancy announcement need to reapply to be considered on future vacancies filled through this announcement.
Referral Lists will be issued on an as needed basis as vacancies occur.
All eligibility, qualifications, and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the referral cut-off date.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.Federal annuitant information:
The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf ICTAP Applicants:
To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating in the highly qualified category (score 85) or higher. ICTAP candidates must provide copies of all of the following documentation at the time of application: 1) agency notice; 2) most recent performance appraisal; and 3) most recent SF-50 or notification of personnel action that includes position, grade level, and duty location. Applicants who do not provide this documentation will not receive consideration as an ICTAP candidate. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/ictap/ Military Spouse Preference applicants
will receive priority consideration at the Full Performance Level (FPL) and if determined to be Best Qualified at the FPL, and selected, must be placed at the FPL. A BQ military spouse possesses knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies comparable to others who meet the competitive referral criteria for the specific position.