Responsibilities & Qualifications
TekSynap is looking for a Technical Writer - Potential candidates will have superior professional skills, broad business sense, and a team-oriented, participatory operating style. Duties will include supporting proposal and capture teams in the Commercial and Federal Civilian Sector, building strong internal and external relationships.RESPONSIBITLIES
- Assist with writing RFP/ RFI's and proposals, win theme development, and crafting solutions in coordination with the operational team in response to portfolio capture efforts.
- Provides quality assurance reviews of all proposals, technical correspondence, and SOPs/work instructions to ensure the quality of products developed are free of errors - this includes technical editing, grammar, and information graphics.
- Provides general expertise on a variety of topics in support of company and customer activities, including technical editing of white papers on information technology and cybersecurity related topics and proposals.
- Supports the production of interim, draft, and final reports and content for proposals and other company correspondence. This includes but not limited to draft outlines, annotations, report templates, and relevant graphics, and assist in pulling together all recommendations into the proper format for final review.
- Assists with technical editing of requested white papers/.
- Quality checks, edits, and produces documents with minimal to no error products to support all aspects of work in alignment with government expectations.
- Assist in the comprehensive analysis and diagnostics of performance problem areas and root causes, to determine solution(s) that will align the government's mission.
- Assist in the consolidation of all feedback/comments captured from analysis of lessons learned as well as the observations, insights, and reports provided from the reverse collection and analysis process.
- Provide recommendations for modernizing and updating company and government proposals.
- Coordinating with operational teams to develop mutually beneficial proposals.
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives; translate that knowledge into customer-tailored, differentiated solutions.
- Hands-on, personal engagement throughout the entire business development lifecycle, including effectively communicating the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Understand market/account-specific landscapes, addressable markets, customer and procurement trends, and competitive trends.
- 3 years of experience reviewing work products and assisting in the review and development of deliverables, documentation, and reporting, primarily in the government contracting space.
- Experience with technical editing of policies and procedures that satisfy enterprise-wide information security requirements based on government and commercial requirements.
- Experience with technical editing, providing quality control and publication of information assurance documentation (including system security plans, security policies, test and evaluation, incident response, disaster recovery, contingency plan, insider threat, and other security related plans.)
- Shall be proficient in common applications, such as MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Bachelor's or master's Degree preferred
- Dedicated home office space with reliable phone and internet
We are seeking a Techncial Writer to join our team supporting a growing business unit.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Telework
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: At least 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Legal Right to Work in the United States OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
#LI-Remote (turn font to white)