RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will work as a member of a team of researchers in developing unique visualization and decision aide solutions for research problems being developed on the high-speed graphic workstations and new and emerging computer architectures available.
- You will perform research and software development of electronic warfare mission planning/mission rehearsal systems including determining the appropriate software architecture, computer operating system, hardware architecture and prototyping.
- You will develop knowledge in EW, IW, Command and Control application areas which is required for developing new code and collaborating in joint research projects.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
This position has a Selective Placement factor that will be used to screen out ineligible candidates. The Selective Placement factor is:
The incumbent must demonstrate experience in various computer-based hardware and software capabilities and skills in Java, C++, C, Python, Windows and UNIX operating systems.
In addition to the Selective Placement factor and Basic Requirements for this position, your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS 1-4 grade level or NP-1 pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate most or all of the following: Knowledge of various computer-based hardware and software capabilities and knowledge of various programming languages and methodologies such as object-oriented design and 3-D graphics programming techniques and associated graphics devices.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Education
Applicants must meet the following positive education qualifications requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual: Applicants must possess:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or
bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
The following may be substituted in lieu of specialized experience:
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study or specific course requirements
- A combination of education and experience totaling 100% Additional information
Certain incentives (such as Recruitment, Relocation or Student Loan Repayment) may be authorized to eligible selectees.
A relocation incentive is generally a single payment intended to offset some of the relocation costs experienced by the selectee. A relocation incentive may be authorized.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Several vacancies may be filled.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.