RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Serves as a project manager for managing and integrating multiple unrelated IT strategic plans and programs assigned by the ACoS G6 and Deputy G6
- Provides system analysis, planning and programming assignments independently, working in conjunction with other professionals, e.g., contractors, systems programmers, managers and functional specialists.
- Directs project staff of IT subject matter experts, technical specialists, and support staff, providing timely submissions of program/project funding requirements for inclusion in the G6 budget and oversight of all project resources.
- Manages all training exercises for the 20th HQs in all matters pertaining to IT, communications operations and communications planning IAW Army and DoD regulation.
QualificationsWho May Apply:
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Subject to a two year probationary period unless the appointee has previously met the requirements as described in 5 CFR Part 315
- Requires Temporary Duty Travel (TDY) 20%
- Must obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance for the duration of employment
- Requires irregular work hours to provide coverage on evenings, weekends, holidays, or special situations
- Subject to a pre-employment drug test screening, and random drug testing thereafter
- Subject to the Defense Cyberspace Workforce Framework (DCWF) position as outlined in DoDD 8140.01
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .
Specialized experience is defined as conducting high-level technical analyses of the functional and management aspects of IT projects; Substantial knowledge of the principles, policies, and practices of computer systems acquisition and project management; Knowledge of automation / information systems concepts, principles to develop programs.
To Qualify applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level (GS-12) AND possess the BASIC REQUIREMENT of IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies as defined below:
1) Attention to Detail - being thorough when providing oversight of information technology and conscientious about attending to detail in the application of IT network policies and procedures;
2) Customer Service - working with clients and customers (e.g., senior management officials, information technology personnel, research and development organizations, the general public) to assess technology needs of a network, providing technical information or assistance, resolving network problems, or satisfying expectations; knowledgeable about innovations in network IT products and services; and committed to providing quality products and services;
3) Oral Communication - expressing highly technical information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; delivering technically authoritative and persuasive oral presentations; listening to others, attending to nonverbal cues, and responding appropriately; and
4) Problem Solving - identifying network technology problems; determining accuracy and relevance of information; and using expert judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Planning and Evaluating
- Project Management
- Technology Application
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-12). Education
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone-- no substitution of education for experience is permitted. Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 34 - Information Technology / Cyber Management position.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected, placement must be at the full performance level for priority consideration.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Due to COVID-19, the agency is currently in an expanded telework posture. If selected, you may be expected to temporarily telework, even if your home is located outside the local commuting area. Once employees are permitted to return to the office, you will be expected to report to the duty station listed on this announcement within a designated time frame identified by the organization. At that time, you may be eligible to request to continue to telework one or more days a pay period depending upon the terms of the agency's telework policy.
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .