RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Operate a backhoe and front-end loader to dig, pile, and load dirt.
- Use equipment with front-end loader to maneuver in a specific spot to transfer dirt to a dump truck.
- Operates a backhoe to dig graves.
- Use extreme caution when operating in cemetery sections to avoid casson (horse drawn carriages) traffic, funeral parties, and walking visitors.
- Operate various Engineering and Heavy Mobile Equipment to include 2.5 ton truck, 1 to 1. 5 ton stake and platform truck, and 1 ton pickup truck.
- Work on flat or rolling terrain in preparing graves or burial sections for turf.
QualificationsWho May Apply:
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- Must possess and maintain a valid stateside driver's license.
- Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Note: May be required to transport others in and around the cemetery.
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element)
: Ability to do the work of an ENGINEERING EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (MVO) without more than normal supervision. Operating engineering equipment such as backhoes and front-end loaders to dig, pile, and load dirt; manipulating tractor and equipment controls to accomplish assigned work - Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Ability to Drive Safely (Motor Vehicles)
- Ability to perform Motor Vehicle Operator duties w/o more than normal supervision
- Technical Competence
Work requires reaching, bending, turning, and moving hands, arms, feet, and legs. There is continuous jerking and jolting while operating equipment. Incumbent is required to frequently lift weights up to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 60 pounds.WORKING CONDITIONS
Engineering equipment operation is performed outside in all kinds of weather conditions; is subject to extremely hot temperatures and flying dust in the summer and the coldest weather during the winter. There is the danger of suffering cuts, bruises, and injuries while operating equipment on extremely bumpy and rough ground. The incumbent is exposed to danger of tipping or overturning the vehicle when working on steep banks and side slopes. Incumbent is subject to unfavorable noise and fumes from equipment operated. The incumbent drives in all types of weather and is exposed to the possibility of serious accident due to the possibility of the equipment overturning. The operator is subject to cuts, bruises, and broken bones as a result of accidents while driving. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This is a(n) Construction, Engineering and Infrastructure Career Field position.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected, placement must be at the full performance level for priority consideration.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- This position is part of a bargaining unit, bargaining units information is as follows: American Federation of Government Employees, Local 2.