The incumbent provides expert staff assistance, technical analysis and evaluates traffic management directives, policies, procedures, and equipment. Is responsible for evaluating proposed changes to traffic management policy, orders and conducts post-event analysis of system-wide performance and recommends improvements that result in greater efficiencies in the operations of the National Airspace System (NAS). Collects and analyzes all available data as it pertains to traffic capacity, traffic flows, points of congestion, peak hours, etc. Based on this analysis, the incumbent recommends programmatic initiatives that can be used by air traffic facilities to improve traffic flow within the NAS. Develops and recommends improvements to automated systems critical to the operation of the NAS. The incumbent coordinates with designated Service Area office/facility traffic management representatives on plans, procedures, and operations that may affect inter-facility traffic flows. The incumbent ensures that all necessary coordination is accomplished before any new traffic management program or initiative is implemented. He/she conducts investigations, evaluations, and briefs facility personnel. Responsible for briefing ATCSCC management and appropriate levels throughout the FAA and the Department of Transportation on proposed changes to traffic management programs. The incumbent provides on-the-job (OJT) Training as necessary and works under the supervision of first or second-level management, who provides administrative direction for assignments in broadly defined missions or functions. The incumbent will be responsible for independently planning, designing and completing work assignments. Work is evaluated in terms of results achieved and effectiveness in assigned program areas.RequirementsConditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must submit an SF50 (See Required Documents)
- Designated or Random Drug Testing required.
- FAA Form 3330-43-1
- Qualifications must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement
- APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ON-LINE THROUGH AVIATOR
- This is a bargaining unit position
Candidates must show Specialized Experience, which is defined as:
1) Must have held an FAA 2152-FG-14 or above, regional or headquarters position for a least one year (52 weeks)
2) Must have been facility rated or area certified for at least one year (52 weeks) at an ATS facility; NOTE: An employee who has been facility rated or area certified for at least one year (52 weeks) in an ATS facility that is upgraded, is considered to meet the qualification requirements of the upgraded positions, since the employee has been performing the higher-graded work;
3) Must have held an MSS position for at least one year(52 weeks) in an ATS facility; NOTE: There are no restrictions on who can apply to MSS vacancies at those facilities with 3 or less MSS levels. In addition to the qualifications listed above for MSS positions, the chart on MSS positions will be used to determine which career level applicants are qualified to make application.
Preview Job Questionnaire
Make sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire. Additional information
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies. www.faa.gov/jobs/working_here/financial_disclosure_requirements
The U.S. Department of Transportation strives to ensure that equity, transparency, accountability, collaboration, and communication permeate all that we do for the betterment of the Department, the traveling public, and our nation. As such, DOT values a highly diverse workforce of persons who promote a culture of belonging by respecting the personal dignity and worth of each individual and fostering a positive environment where all feel safe and welcome. If these commitments coincide with your personal ideals and professional aspirations, please consider joining the DOT family.
This position is covered by the Department of Transportation's Drug and Alcohol Testing Program. Any applicant tentatively selected for this position will be subject to pre-employment or pre-appointment drug screening. Persons occupying a "testing designated position (TDP)" will be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
FAA Form 3330-43-1 must be signed by the applicant in order to receive consideration. Facility representative signature is no longer required.
Failure to provide applicant signature will result in loss of consideration and your application will be not accepted.
Interviews will be conducted IAW applicable FAA Policy and/or Collective Bargaining Agreement.
This is a bargaining unit position. This position is represented by NATCA: Staff Support Specialists.
All bids must be received by the closing date of the vacancy announcement in order to be considered.
Early Retirement Coverage. The position is not covered under P.L. 92-297 for early retirement purposes.
This is a bargaining unit position. This position is represented by NATCA: Staff Support Specialists.Links to Important Information:
Locality Pay , COLA