RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the activities of the Horizontal Risk Management Section, under the supervision of the Branch's Associate Director. Serves as technical advisor on a broad range of risk management issues, particularly regarding the analysis and supervision of large financial organizations. Plans and directs the activities of Corporation working groups responsible for developing examination guidance and procedures for reviewing risk management systems of large financial institutions.
- Directs the monitoring and analysis of large financial organizations to protect the deposit insurance funds. Assists in directing the supervision and analysis functions through designing, implementing, and monitoring offsite analysis for large financial institutions. Prepares analyses and briefs senior management regarding significant events or issues, and recommends appropriate supervisory action, as required.
- Reviews and evaluates studies, reports, and proposals prepared by staff members, financial institutions and other government agencies as these relate to large financial organizations.
- Works closely with divisions and offices of the FDIC and other regulatory agencies to ensure that appropriate methods and practices are devised for monitoring exposure to specific risk areas posed by large financial organizations.
- Plans conferences and meetings with officials from Regional Offices, other FDIC Divisions, and other supervisory authorities.
- Responsible for offsite analysis of large financial institutions (defined as institutions with total assets of $10 billion or more primarily supervised by the FDIC and other institutions with total assets of $10 billion to $100 billion).
- Exercises supervisory personnel management authority and performs the full range of performance management duties to include: planning, assigning, and reviewing work products of subordinates; establishing guidelines and performance expectations; and, evaluating work performance and providing feedback to others on their performance. Identifies training and developmental needs for staff and provides regular recognition of staff. Works in collaboration with the appropriate Human Resources and Legal staff to administer disciplinary action. Hears and resolves grievances or other disputes as appropriate. Approves/disapproves requests for leave, telework, travel, training, etc.
- Ensures that Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA), employee development, employee performance, and other personnel plans, processes, and programs are executed equitably consistent with Corporate policy, legal requirements, and the mission of the Division; organizes, coordinates, and manages the work of diverse teams of employees by assigning work, developing employee skills, assessing/monitoring employee performance, and promoting inclusion.
Completion of Financial Disclosure may be required.
Moderate Risk Position - Background Investigation (MBI) required.
Employee may be relocated to any duty location to meet management needs.Qualifications
To meet the minimum qualifications, applicants must possess the leadership and technical experiences listed below. These qualifications would typically be gained through serving in roles that require managing projects/teams or guiding the technical work of others.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, skills, and ability to provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
All applicants must submit a resume that addresses each minimum qualification experience. Examples should be clear, concise, and emphasize your level of responsibilities; the scope and complexity of the programs, activities, or services you managed; program accomplishments; policy initiatives undertook; level of contacts; the sensitivity and criticality of the issues you addressed; and the results of your actions. You should use action-oriented words to describe your experience and accomplishments and quantify your experience wherever possible to demonstrate your accomplishments.Leadership Experience:
Experience leading and coordinating projects, including establishing expectations, reviewing work products/services, monitoring progress, and providing guidance and feedback to team members.Technical Experience:
Experience serving as a technical authority in analyzing risk of a large financial institution with complex capital markets, credit, funding activities, or stress testing.Education
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.Additional information
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here .
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
If selected, you may be required to serve a supervisory/managerial probationary period.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
The five-day notification process does not apply to corporate and executive manager positions. Failure to provide your application documentation (i.e. up-to-date resume) in support of your qualifications for this position by the closing date will limit your ability to receive maximum consideration. Take a moment to ensure that your resume reflects the qualification requirements of this position by the closing date.
This position is a Corporate Manager, CM-00, Cohort C, which is equivalent to above the CG/GS-15.