Read the entire announcement before starting the application process. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Responsible for achieving results by leading teams in support of SE and EA initiatives and business practices.
- Perform business analysis and understand business capability requirements.
- Develop DeCA policy and procedures that establish parameters for the Agency wide implementation of Department of Defense (DoD) required milestone/gate reviews of all new and existing hardware/software systems.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates the work of individuals and/or teams.
- Be a U.S. citizen or national. Applicants with a Permanent Resident Card are authorized to live and work in the U.S. but are not eligible for employment in positions requiring U.S. citizenship. If selected, proof of citizenship is required.
- Meet the minimum age requirement. See the Additional Information section.
- Males born after 12-31-1959 must be registered with or exempt from Selective Service.
- Appointment is subject to successful verification of identity and employment eligibility through E-Verify. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, at https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- Appointment is subject to a favorable suitability or fitness outcome, as determined by a completed background investigation. New federal employees will be fingerprinted.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET clearance.
- May be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- Have salary paid through direct deposit.
- Meet the physical requirements identified in the Qualifications section.
- May be subject to a supervisory probationary period.
- Incumbent may be in a TDY status up to 25% of the time.
You must meet the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) qualifications for series 2210 and additional requirements by the announcement closing date. Your resume (and/or transcript if necessary) must clearly show that you have the qualifications described below. You can use experience, education, superior academic achievement, or a combination of experience and education to qualify.
Experience : One (1) year of specialized experience at the GS-13 grade level (or equivalent) by the closing date of this announcement. Experience can be under other Federal service pay systems, private sector, or military.
Examples of qualifying experience include:
- Conducts continual evaluations of agency business needs and designs technical solutions in support to ensure enterprise architecture plans are aligned with current IT infrastructure.
- Provides expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical issues.
- Applies new developments, practices, and approaches to previously unsolvable problems.
- Make decisions or recommendations that significantly influence important Agency technical policies or programs related to EA governance requirements.
You will receive credit for all relevant qualifying experience (paid and unpaid), including volunteer work done through National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).Physical requirements
: Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Incumbent may carry light items such as papers, books, or small parts. The work does not require any special physical effort.
As part of the online application process, you will respond to a series of questions designed to evaluate your level of experience in the position's competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics).
- Enterprise Architecture
- Information Technology Program Management
- Minimum Qualifications GS-14
- Oral and Written Communication
: Occasional Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
: Exempt Bargaining Unit Status
: Not Covered Obligated Position
: No Those retired under CSRS or FERS considered
: No. DoD criteria not met. Work environment
: The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions. The incumbent may occasionally be exposed to uncomfortable conditions in such places as research and production facilities. Recruitment/Relocation Incentives Offered
: No Telework eligible
: No Remote work eligible
: Yes, This position is a full time remote/virtual position. Education
You may not use education to qualify. Additional information
Executive Order 12564 requires a federal workplace to be free of illegal drugs and prohibits the use of illegal drugs both on and off duty by federal employees. As a reminder, marijuana is still classified as an illegal drug by the Federal government and is prohibited for use by Federal employees even if such use is legal in the state where the Federal employee resides and/or works. The Defense Commissary Agency is a Drug-Free Federal Workplace where the use of illegal drugs will not be tolerated and may result in penalties up to and including removal from Federal service.
- Positions will be filled under the Positions will be filled under the Direct Hire Authority for Certain Personnel of the Department of Defense, Title 5, United States Code, Section 9905.
- Upon first appointment to a civilian position in the Federal government, you are entitled only to the lowest step (Step 1) of the grade for which selected. The display of a salary range on this announcement does not suggest or convey an entitlement to a higher rate of pay.
- The minimum age requirement is generally 18 years . Employing those under 18 may be possible under certain circumstances. If under 18 years of age, ensure you provide documentation showing how you are eligible.
- Applicants with financial difficulty are not automatically removed from consideration.
- Selectees are required to complete an online onboarding process.
- Retired military service members cannot be appointed to a Department of Defense (DoD) civilian position within 180 days of their retirement date. 5 United States Code 3326.
- PCS is not authorized.
- This is a Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) position. It is a DAWIA Engineering and Technical Management (E&TM) Practitioner position. The incumbent must meet the training, experience, and certification requirements within 24 months of hire. Incumbent must have no less than 24 months of experience working in a program office or similar organization, of which one year included cost, schedule, and performance responsibilities. As a condition of employment, a written agreement to remain in this position for at least 3 years is required.
- This position requires access to DeCA's business, financial and/or data management programs and systems; e.g. CARTS, DIBS, and is designated as IT Level II.
- Incumbent is required to file an OGE Form 450, Confidential Statement of Affiliations and Financial Interest on an annual basis.
The following may result in a rating of ineligible. Ineligible applicants receive no consideration.
- Submitting an incomplete application package, such as missing documents, illegible documents, and/or missing information necessary to determine qualifications and eligibility. A resume reflecting part-time (PT)/full-time (FT) or nothing rather than the number of hours worked per week (e.g., 40, 30, 20, etc.) is incomplete.
- Submitting encrypted documents or uploading Adobe portfolio documents.
- Submitting any document that contains a photo or image of you.
- Including social media links, inappropriate material or content, classified or government sensitive information, or personal information such as age, gender, race, religion, or social security number on your resume.
- Overstating your qualifications and/or experience in your application materials or questionnaire responses.
- Deliberately attempting to falsify your application information, such as copying portions of this announcement into your resume.