The incumbent provides analytical and advisory functions related to IT strategic planning; compliance with laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures, IT compliance; In addition, the incumbent will apply a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods to assess and improve IT project effectiveness and efficiency.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
IT Project Management
- Coordinating IT projects for program offices by documenting and interpreting customer requirements for new and existing systems and initiatives.
- Serving as a subject matter expert in IT project planning by developing and executing IT project acquisition plans to meet cost, schedule, and performance constraints.
- Serving as the subject matter expert for IT project management methodologies used to complete technical initiatives.
- Planning and managing the delivery of knowledge management projects.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to balance and prioritize services to meet overall customer requirements, constraints, and objectives.
- Conducting risk management; risk/issue identification, assessment, prioritization, mitigation and monitoring.
- Utilizing Project Management Institute (PMI) standards to manage all stages of a project (project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and controlling, and closure).
- Developing detailed project management plans, tasks, schedules, and identifies milestone dates ensuring proper sequencing of events, work efforts, and resources needed to accomplish objectives.
- Planning and executing difficult and complex assignments and develop new methods, approaches and procedures.
- Leading work groups of subject matter experts through the planning, control and evaluation phases of an IT project.
- Implementing and maintaining quality assurance processes.
- Analyzing and identifying IT problems and provides recommendation for solutions and/or corrective actions.
- Performing cost/benefit and business case analysis to support IT investment decisions.
- Conducting audits/reviews of IT programs/projects to determine their effectiveness and advises IT management to inform decision making.
- Leading efforts to address problems, compliance matters and potential for application of new initiatives. - Working with managers, project leads, team leads, technical leads, task leads, customers, and users to define project/task scope and requirements.
- Serving as an OIT Customer Relations Manager to maintain customer-focused and transparent status of all assigned projects.
- Creating and maintaining formal project plans using tools like Microsoft Project, JIRA, agile and available enterprise tools.
- Tracking project schedules, resources, and scope to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Managing risks at the enterprise level by consolidating project risk registers used to identify, mitigate, and manage project risk.
- Managing the defining of current and future business environments, analyzes gaps, and developments plans for transitioning to the target state.
- Developing and giving briefings, reports, and presentations on all aspects of projects.
Information Technology program and policy effectiveness.
- Defining current and future business environments, analyzes gaps, and developments plans for transitioning to the target state.
- Integrating organizational input and documentation in developing the IT Plans and revises and maintains plans as required.
- Providing advice and guidance to managers in meeting strategic goals.
- Leading teams on broad planning studies impacting substantial IT resources.
- Analyzing program development and conducts studies to evaluate and determine IT requirements. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be a United States Citizen
- A 2-year probationary period is required for new Federal employees and supervisors.
- Merit Promotion and internal applicants must submit a SF-50 to verify Status and grade
- Satisfactory completion of a background investigation.
- A financial disclosure may be required for this position.
- Dates of employment, including beginning and end dates in the following format: month/day/year, must be included on resume.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to at least the mid range of the NY-03 pay band, which would be at or equivalent to, the GS-13 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is that which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Specialized experience includes: 1) managing an IT project and portfolio; 2) strategic planning, concepts, and strategy development related to IT; and 3) conducting business case analysis and evaluating project proposals against financial and non-financial factors.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps VISTA) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Such experience must be clearly documented in the applicant's resume. EducationThis job does not have an education qualification requirement; education may not be substituted for Specialized Experience at this grade level.FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html . Additional informationAdditional Selections:
Additional selections may be made from this announcement or for similar positions across AmeriCorps. By applying, you agree to have your application shared with interested selecting official(s) at AmeriCorps.COVID-19:
Vaccination against COVID-19 is not currently required for employment at AmeriCorps, but is encouraged to promote workplace health and safety. If you receive an official job offer and onboard, you will be contacted after onboarding regarding any requests for information related to your COVID-19 vaccination status.Military Selective Service Act
: If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.Veteran's Preference:
If you are claiming 5-point or 10-point veteran's preference, you must submit documentation described below in "Required Documents."Special Employment Consideration:
Persons with disabilities, disabled veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more, certain other veterans, spouses of certain members of the Armed Forces, VISTA volunteers, some Peace Corps employees and returning Peace Corps volunteers are examples of individuals who are potentially eligible for noncompetitive appointment. If you are eligible and would like to be considered for one of these noncompetitive appointments, applicable documentation that supports your eligibility must be submitted with your application package.Ethics Requirement:
Our Agency is committed to the highest ethical standards and, as an employee you will be covered by the criminal conflict of interest statutes (18 U.S.C. 201-209) and the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch (5 C.F.R. part 2635). Additionally, you may be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450) or Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278e) within 30 days of your appointment date and on an annual basis thereafter.