Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
We are seeking an analytic problem solver and curiosity-driven team member to join our Technology Finance Team. As a Principal Associate, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), you will be responsible for financial forecasting, executive reporting and presentation, relationship building, and mentoring junior associates. You will manage P&L performance and provide Technology, Product, and Design Leadership with financial insights to influence Technology strategy and drive to business outcomes. You will support teams that are responsible for some of the most impactful work at Capital One, including our core business platforms for credit card and consumer banking services, or Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
As a financial analyst, you will work for a company that continues to innovate and change banking for good through investments in technology. You will partner with business customers to drive strategic business direction while being part of a Finance team that is continuously striving to improve well-managed processes. Financial analysts help our Finance and business leadership 'see around corners' to proactively manage our businesses.
This role requires strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills in order to effectively:
- Conduct analysis and drive outcomes, relevant insights, and action plans
- Develop presentations to senior audiences to communicate insights and to influence both business and financial outcomes
- Partner with business teams to assess the financial implications of ongoing and proposed new initiatives to optimize business performance
- Foster trusted business partnerships
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
- Ownership of budgeting and forecasting for areas of responsibility
- Deliver accurate and meaningful financial management analyses to enable our partners to deliver on their financial and business objectives; contribute to, and deliver, presentations to communicate results, outcomes and actions to senior audiences
- Provide transparency on costs and drivers, and clearly communicate risks and opportunities to budget targets
- Address and deliver on ad-hoc requests and special projects, often in an ambiguous environment
- Independently manage and prioritize workload
- Demonstrate a passion to learn and continuously develop traditional FP&A and technical skills
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years' experience in financial analysis
- At least 3 years' experience with financial modeling
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Master's Degree in Finance
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- 4+ years' experience in financial analysis
- 4+ years' experience with financial modeling
- 3+ years' experience in strategic analysis & planning
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and G Suite
- Proven business relationship, communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Experience supporting technology and product business teams
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $118,700 - $135,400 for Principal Financial Analyst
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).