RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Provide first contact, continuous, comprehensive primary care for infants, children, youth, and adults.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of individuals who collectively take responsibility for the ongoing care of patients.
- Coordinate and/or integrate care across all elements of the healthcare system.
- Complete required records pertaining to all medical services provided in accordance with specified procedures and regulations.
- Supervisory positions will supervise medical students/externs, and other non-professional health care provider when requested.
- Supervisory positions will interview candidates for subordinate positions; recommend hiring, promotion, or reassignments.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- This position may have specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties may require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Selectees may be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to pre-employment screening and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to consent to participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement medical examination may be required.
- Immunization screening may be required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- May be required to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This position may include shift work (evenings, weekends, holidays).
- This position may require rotating shifts (i.e. work schedule that requires employees to continuously rotate from one shift to another at predetermined intervals).
- This position may require the incumbent to work on call during irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
- Moderate to heavy lifting may be required.
- May be required to obtain and maintain certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- May be required to obtain and maintain certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- May be required to obtain and maintain certification in Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
- This position may be designated as moderate risk involving Public Trust. Appointment to this position is subject to a background investigation including a credit check to determine suitability for Federal employment and/or the position.
- This position may require the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- This position may require the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Tier 3 security investigation or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- Additional requirements may be determined as positions arise and will be communicated during the hiring process if you are selected.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .Basic Requirement for Physician (Family Practice)/Supervisory Physician (Family Practice):Degree:
Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must have provided education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.Licensure
: Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.Graduate Training:
Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree, a candidate must have had at least one year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a one-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training.In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:Residency Training for GP-14 Position:
Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Family Medicine) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 4 years. Experience may not be substituted for residency training that is required for the specialty identified.Residency Training for GP-15 Position:
Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Family Medicine) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 5 years. Experience may not be substituted for residency training that is required for the specialty identified.If you are selected for a Physician position:
A salary quote will not be provided to you at the time of the initial job offer. The salary determination process begins after the initial job offer is accepted. This consists of the Activity Compensation Panel adding base pay and market pay to determine your starting salary and this will be provided to you once approved.Salary for physician positions is based on a tier scale, determined by the position specialty, grade and location. This announcement may be used to fill positions at any of the tiers listed below:
- Tier 1: $115,587 - $243,000
- Tier 2: $115,587 - $252,720
- Tier 3: $120,000 - $280,340
Permanent, term, part-time, intermittent or temporary positions may be filled from this solicitation. Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is temporary, full-time, part-time, or intermittent.
Position may be designated as Emergency Essential.
Position may be designated as Key.
This may be an obligated position. Education
See Qualifications section for education requirements. Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Permanent Positions: One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This position may require you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Recruitment or relocation incentives MAY be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new to Federal service.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/Civilian-Moving-Expenses-Tax-Deduction/ for more information.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- Term Positions: One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- For supervisory positions: One year supervisory probationary period required. A one year probationary period is required if the selectee has not previously met this requirement
- This announcement is intended to provide readily available applicants for hard to fill positions as they become vacant. Various vacancies may exist and be filled from this announcement. We accept applications on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants will be referred to Management as their application packages are received. Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Position may require employee to wear a uniform and/or protective clothing.
- Position may be designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- Position may be designated as Mission Essential. The incumbent will be required to report to work during times of contingency operations, natural disasters, extreme weather or other emergency situations.