As an Adminstrator, you will:
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Develop and implement organizational standard operating procedures for the facility.
- Maintain accreditation by a nationally recognized civilian accrediting organization for each aspect of the facility, including medical and dental care, pharmacy, independent living, and assisted living and nursing care.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of medical, nursing, technical, clerical, service, maintenance, and other personnel.
- Establish objectives and evaluative operational criteria for the facility.
- Review and analyze facility activities and data to aid strategic planning, risk management, and continuous quality improvement programs.
- Develop methodology for evaluation of cost effectiveness of programs and oversee and manage all financial operations for the facility (e.g. receipts, write-offs, budget preparation, programming and execution, etc).
- Review and develop a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provides a written copy of such to the Chief Operating Officer.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service . One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume. Key Requirements: Please refer to "Conditions of Employment." Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. National Qualifications
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.Specialized Experience: Applicants must possess specialized experience that equips them with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully in this position.
Applicants must posses:
Experience as a healthcare professional in an organization providing a continuum of levels of care (e.g. ,continuing care retirement community, independent living, assisted living, memory support, and long-term care); AND
Experience managing a variety of detailed management programs (e.g., planning, programming and budget, human capital, acquisition, financial management, security, information technology, and facilities management) for a facility; AND
Experience managing the day to day operations of the facility, and maintaining accurate and complete records in a healthcare facility; AND
Experience making oral presentations to individuals or groups. Additional information
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
Our comprehensive benefits are very generous. Our benefits package includes
- A two year trial period may be required.
- A one year supervisory or managerial probationary period may be required
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9 . Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment.
- Selectees will be subject to the AFRH Tuberculosis Surveillance Program.
- Must obtain certification as a retirement facilities administrator within two years of appointment by an appropriate civilian certifying organization, if not so certified at the time of appointment.
- Challenging work, opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries, bonuses and incentive awards.
- Eleven paid holidays, 13 days of sick leave, and 13 to 26 days of vacation time each year.
- Access to insurance programs that may be continued after you retire.
- A wide choice of health insurance plans, coverage for pre-existing conditions, and no waiting periods. We pay a substantial amount (up to 75%) of the health insurance premiums.
- A retirement program which includes employer-matching contributions.
Learn more about Federal benefits programs at: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits