As an IT Cybersecurity Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-12, you will serve as Information System Security Officer (ISSO), ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of classified information systems, networks and data through the enhancement of Department of Defense (DoD) information systems security programs, policies, procedures and tools. Enhancement of information systems security programs, procedures, and tools are specifically accomplished by conducting vulnerability assessments and ensuring all protection needs are met. RequirementsConditions of Employment
Qualifications GENERAL EXPERIENCE
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
- For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
- Must possess a TOP SECRET clearance with SCI prior to appointment.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- May be required to travel by car, in military and/or commercial aircraft, and by other means of transportation as appropriate, to perform temporary duty assignments.
- Irregular and overtime (compensatory) hours may be required to support operational requirements or contingencies.
- The employee will be required to have, or obtain, and maintain a valid driver's license.
: Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE :
Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion. Education
Education requirements - Not applicable for this position Additional informationAdditional Conditions of Employment:
The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
-This is an Information Security Workforce position. Selectee must meet position requirements for certification at Level II in Information Assurance Technician (IAT-II) within 6 months or less of appointment to this position. Certification requirements may be found in DoD 8570.01-M Information Security Workforce Improvement Program.
-Position is designated as OM-ADM-001 within the Defense Cybersecurity Workforce as guided by NIST SP 800-181; National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education, Cybersecurity Workforce Framework. Which establishes the Tasks, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities expected of this position. (https://www.nist.gov/itl/applied-cybersecurity/nice/nice-framework-resource-center).
-This position is designated as Essential Personnel and may be subject to duty in preparation for, or in response to, a state emergency or disaster declaration. This designation will not exceed 14 calendar days per year unless otherwise approved in advance by the TAG.
-This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP). The employee is subject to random drug testing. Pre-employment drug testing and participation in random drug testing is a condition of employment. Note: The caveat is that the States, Territories, and the District of Columbia cannot drug test until a drug free workplace policy has been established and approved by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( Register | Selective Service System : Selective Service System (sss.gov) ).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .