Receives and confirms room reservations by letter, telephone, email, or personal contact. Registers and assigns rooms to guests, makes and issues room keys, and may escort guests to rooms as needed. Ensures that only authorized patrons use government-sponsored quarters. Calculates and posts charges to patrons' accounts and balances totals with control records. Accepts payment, makes change, and presents departing guests checkout statements. Prepares and safeguards cash receipts, prepares daily cashier's report, daily activity report, and may prepare consolidated daily activity report. Maintains current checkout list. Maintains and sells sundry sales items to patrons. Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. Ensures required information is received from guest and entered into guest folio. Prints backup reports from property management system. Ensures housekeeping status of rooms is updated. Records and notifies appropriate person/organization of maintenance problems reported by guests. Ensure front desk area and lobby remains clean. Process Night Audit procedures and close credit card machines nightly. Maintains the lost and found program. Ensures that customer service is the first priority. Performs other related duties as assigned.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/12121984 RequirementsConditions of Employment
QualificationsWho May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date,
- This position requires the incumbent to complete a background investigation with favorable results.
- This position requires the incumbent to work shift hours.
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.Qualifying Experience:
Experience in general clerical or cashier work of any kind in which the applicant has demonstrated ability to perform satisfactorily in handling multiple tasks and providing quality customer service. Experience must have demonstrated the ability to resolve common arithmetic problems, and to make change when receiving payment from customers. Ability to read, speak, and write English. Must meet state and legal age requirement for sale of alcoholic beverages
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:Education
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not allow for education substitution.FOREIGN EDUCATION:
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Additional information
- Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Direct deposit is required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- A probationary period may be required.
- Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD).
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this job opportunity announcement. And additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement.
- Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible.
- This is a Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) position carrying out Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) activities for the Air Force and Space Force.
- This position is included in a bargaining unit.
- Union Name AFGE and Local or Chapter Number 1092.