Cleans lodging guest rooms, corridors, stairways, facilities, and other assigned lodging areas. Sweeps, dry mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors. Uses brooms, mops, lightweight vacuum cleaners, and lightweight floor scrubbers and buffers. Dusts, waxes, and polishes furniture. Cleans and sanitizes guest room appliances, cooking utensils and dishes. Empties wastebaskets. Polishes door knobs/handles and other metal fixtures. Washes walls, windows, and blinds that can be reached unassisted or using stepping stools. Changes bed linen and makes beds. Collects soiled linen and places it at a pickup point. Receives clean linen and delivers it where directed. Updates room status, occupancy, and checkouts using the telephone system.
Cleans, disinfects, and deodorizes lavatories, urinals, and toilet bowls. Cleans mirrors, sinks, and water fountains. Dusts ledges, woodwork, and furniture. Replaces room deodorizers. Restocks toilet tissue, hand towels, soap, and other complimentary sundry items. Notes condition of facilities and reports to supervisor broken windows, water leaks, clogged drains, and other conditions requiring maintenance. Keeps a stock of cleaning materials and equipment needed to do the work. Notifies supervisor when more materials are needed or when equipment needs repair or replacement. Performs other related duties as assigned.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/12121085 RequirementsConditions of Employment
QualificationsWho May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date,
- This position requires the incumbent to complete a background investigation with favorable results.
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.Qualifying Experience:
Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions. Ability to use hand or lightweight powered cleaning tools or equipment. Ability to physically perform the full range of assigned duties.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:Education
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not allow for education substitution.FOREIGN EDUCATION:
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Additional information
- Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Direct deposit is required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- A probationary period may be required.
- Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD).
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this job opportunity announcement. And additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement.
- Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible.
- This is a Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) position carrying out Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) activities for the Air Force and Space Force.
- This position is included in a bargaining unit.
- Union Name AFGE and Local or Chapter Number 1092.