RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Perform biopsychosocial evaluations.
- Screen and interview patients.
- Select, approve, and document treatment priorities through a treatment plan.
- Provide emergency mental health services.
- Coordinate with command and various on- and off-post agencies to assist with the multidisciplinary treatment of patients.
- Provide evidence-based group and individual psychotherapy.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation. This position requires a National Agency Check w/ Inquiries (NACI) background check.
- This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 5% of the time.
- This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirement and is subject to annual vaccination. A candidate selected to this position will be required to sign a statement consenting to annual seasonal influenza vaccination.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Employees assigned to a medical treatment facility are required to be screened for applicable immunizations or pre-existing immunity based on occupational risk, regardless of job series.
- This position is subject to screening and update of required immunizations unless exempted for medical or administrative reasons in accordance with Army Regulation 40-562, Chapters 3 and 4.
- This position is inclement weather essential. This means that you must be willing to make every attempt to report for duty on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- This position has been designated "Mission Essential". In the event of severe weather conditions or other such emergency type situations the incumbent is required to report to work or remain at work as scheduled to support mission operations.
- This position may be eligible for Situational/Ad-HOC Telework.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and Certifications from the American Heart Association and the American Red Cross within 6 months of hire.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education AND
experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .Basic Requirement for Clinical Psychologist:Degree:
Doctoral Degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:Specialized Experience
: One year of specialized experience which includes performing biopsychosocial evaluations, developing behavioral health treatment plans, and providing psychotherapy. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the specialized experience qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.License:
This position requires a current, active, valid, and unrestricted clinical license to practice Psychology independently offered by a U.S. State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or jurisdiction. EducationFOREIGN EDUCATION:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html . Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Recruitment or relocation incentives MAY be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.