RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Serves as an expert-level, technical member of a software and application system development team responsible for design, development, maintenance, and overall application support for assigned projects.
- Conducts requirements analysis, performs feasibility recommendations, develops change proposals, and performs the necessary tasks to create new or modified software or application solutions.
- Uses appropriate development methodologies, as determined by the project guidelines, to modify existing or develop new digital solutions using O365, SharePoint, or Salesforce platforms.
- Responsible for the hands-on development and implementation as well as providing guidance and support to the application and software development team.
- Reviews technical literature and executive software guidance to maintain knowledge of new and evolving modifications, enhancements, and extensions to operating system and development environment.
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Suitable for Federal Employment
- Registered for Selective Service
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- Must obtain/maintain Secret clearance.
- Required to complete an OGE-450 Financial Disclosure Form.
- Must meet DODI 8570.01-M Training Certification requirements for IAM-1.
Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating the following competencies appropriate to, or above, the level of this position. For vacancies below the full-performance level of the position, the basic requirement will be evaluated on a developmental basis. Your resume and work experience should clearly support your ability to meet these competencies and will be evaluated as part of the entire application process. Attention to Detail -
experience reviewing my own information technology-related work or data and have been asked by others to review their work or data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with standards. Customer Service -
experience maintaining relationships with customers, assessing current information technology needs of customers, and developing or identifying information technology products and services that are tailored to meet customer needs. Oral Communication -
briefing mid-level management and IT staff on the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the communication of technical information to a non-technical audience. Problem Solving -
identifying alternatives to address complex information technology-related issues by gathering and applying information from a variety of sources that provide a number of potential solutions.In addition to meeting the basic requirement, qualified applicants must possess:
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade, GS-12
, within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.Specialized experience is defined as
software and application system development using O365, SharePoint, ServiceNow, or Salesforce AND IT-related experience demonstrating Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving as described in the vacancy announcement.Volunteer Experience:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. EducationEducation is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level. Additional information
- Our complete benefits package is one of the most comprehensive found in either government or private sector. These extraordinary benefits encompass health, pay, work/life balance, growth & learning.
- Veteran's Preference: Veteran's preference does not apply under this Direct Hire Authority (DHA).
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or be exempt from Selective Service. See http://www.ssa.gov/
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance . NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at https://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
- Pay for first time hires to the Federal Government will typically be set at step 1 salary range for their respective grade level.
- All applicants are encouraged to apply electronically. If you are unable to apply on-line, you may contact 317-212-4434 for assistance.