ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: NGA Undergraduate Stokes Scholarship Program is a program that offers students tuition payment and an exciting and purposeful internship opportunity while pursuing their bachelor's degree. Scholars will attend a qualifying educational institution full-time during the fall and spring semesters, and report to an NGA facility during their summer breaks to work alongside experienced NGA staff and GEOINT experts. Upon graduation, Scholars will begin their service commitment and non-competitively convert to full-time employment.
* Gain on-the-job training and meaningful work experience with a federal organization
* Tuition payment each academic semester
* May be eligible for travel reimbursement during each summer internship
* May be eligible for a book and supplies stipend during academic semesters
* An annual salary provided upon acceptance into the program
* A full-time position, with a continued service agreement, upon graduation with bachelor's degree
* Selected scholars must accept the tuition payment to remain in the program and receive benefits.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: This program is modeled after the Louis Stokes Educational Scholarship which established an undergraduate and graduate training program, leading to a baccalaureate or graduate degree, to facilitate the recruitment of individuals, particularly minority high school students, with a demonstrated capability to develop skills critical to the mission of NGA.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: This application requires the completion of the online application and the submission of additional documents. You will be able to upload these documents directly to the online application. Applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete packets, will not be considered.
* Resumes should be 1 page and in PDF format.
* Essay: What are your future career goals? How will the Undergraduate Stokes Scholarship and NGA help you achieve this goal?
* Times New Roman 12 pt. Font
* 1" margins
* 1 page, double spaced
* Unofficial Transcripts (most recent) - must have name and current date visible on transcripts
* High School Seniors are required to provide the acceptance letter from a 4-year college or university prior to their Entry on Duty date.
Candidates under the age of 18 only: Application submission for those under the age of 18 will need to apply through NGA's online Event Management Tool, Yello https://nga.recsolu.com/app/collect/event/4Mn8lAjb4OExeaczQ-PBZA. This process is NGA's solution to mitigate ID.me alternative identification process. Candidates over the age of 18 (at time of application), that use the Yello link will be disqualified.
Those over the age of 18, will proceed using this link in Candidate Gateway: https://careers.nga.mil/psc/CAREERS/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB_FL&Action=U.
Additional information concerning NGA's hiring process can be found by visiting https://www.nga.mil/careers/Hiring_Process.html
Additional Application Requirement: You may be asked to complete one or more assessments in addition to the application you submit on this website as part of your application to NGA. These assessments may include but are not limited to: 1) Online questionnaires or assessments that require you to describe your job-related knowledge, skills, abilities, or other characteristics that are aligned with the mandatory and desirable qualifications of this job posting. The information you provide in the application you submit must support the response you provide to this questionnaire. You will receive an email to describe any additional assessments required. Please monitor your emails and complete any required assessments as soon as possible.
This is a two (2) year TERM appointment within NGA that may be extended not to exceed 5 years, and is not guaranteed. Applicants will be rated and ranked by an agency Qualifications Review Board using only the information submitted for consideration. A Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) term employee may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a permanent DCIPS permanent appointment at the same pay band and similar or same work role for which initially hired. The term employee must have a "successful or better" overall rating on the most recent performance evaluation to be eligible for conversion.
To learn more about NGA Career Paths Visit here: https://www.nga.mil/careers/NGA_Virtual_Recruiting_Booth.htmlRequirementsConditions of Employment
As a condition of employment at NGA, persons being considered for employment must meet NGA fitness for employment standards.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Security Clearance (Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information)
- Polygraph Test Required
- Position Subject to Drug Testing
- Two Year Probationary Period
- Direct Deposit Required
You must be able to obtain and retain a Top Secret security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. In addition, you are subject to a Counterintelligence Polygraph examination in order to maintain access to Top Secret information. All employees are subject to a periodic examination on a random basis in order to determine continued eligibility. Refusal to take the examination may result in denial of access to Top Secret information, SAP, and/or unescorted access to SCIFs.
Employees with SCI access and who are under NGA cognizance are required to submit a Security Financial Disclosure Report, SF-714, on an annual basis in order to determine continued eligibility. Failure to comply may negatively impact continued access to Top Secret information, Information Systems, SAP, and/or unescorted access to SCIFs.
NGA utilizes all processes and procedures of the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Non-executive NGA employees are assigned to five distinct pay bands based on the type and scope of work performed. The employee's base salary is established within their assigned pay band based on their unique qualifications. A performance pay process is conducted each year to determine a potential base pay salary increase and/or bonus. An employee's annual performance evaluation is a key factor in the performance pay process. Employees on term or temporary appointments are not eligible to apply for internal assignment opportunity notices.
This position is a DCIPS position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are an external applicant claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must self-identify your eligibility.Qualifications
MANDATORY QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: For this particular job, applicants must meet all competencies reflected under the Mandatory Qualification Criteria to include education (if required). Online resumes must demonstrate qualification by providing specific examples and associated results, in response to the announcement's mandatory criteria specified in this vacancy announcement:
1. High School Seniors, expecting to graduate with their high school diploma prior August 1, 2024 AND/OR students pursuing their first bachelor's degree with no more than 45 completed credit hours by August 1, 2024. AP credits will not be counted toward credit hours.
2. Must be 18 yrs old by July 1, 2024
3. Currently enrolled or seeking enrollment in a baccalaureate degree program at a regionally accredited US college or university.
4. A Student in good standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
5. Agree to work at NGA, as an intern, full time, during the summer for a minimum of 10 weeks, starting in summer 2025 and for each subsequent summer until your graduation.
6. Willing to accept post -graduation employment with NGA for 1.5 yrs times the length of paid academic pursuit.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Incumbent must be enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program and have completed 30 college-level semester hours at the time of employment. Scholars must maintain a 3.0 G.P.A on a 4.0 scale. Education must lead to a bachelor's degree with specialization in or directly related to the filed in which the scholar will receive training.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired:
1. Enrolled at a qualifying educational institution with an interest or major in STEM or regional studies. All STEM majors or majors relating to the NGA's emerging missions are welcome to apply. Examples of preferred degrees are (but not limited to):
* Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning / Computer Vision
* Coding & Scripting Language
* Computer Programming/Science
* Data Analytics, Data Science, Data/Systems Engineering
* Data & Visualization
* Database Maintenance / Management
* Earth/Planetary Systems Science
* Engineering (any)
* Image/Signal Processing
* Imagery Science
* IT- Network Operations
* Mathematics / Statistics
* Physical/Spectral Sciences
* Regional Studies
* Remote Sensing
* Software DevelopmentAdditional information
CAREER ADVANCEMENT PROGRAM: All Professional Work Category positions advertised at a Pay Band 2 are part of NGA's Career Advancement Program (CAP). Employees in the Career Advancement Program will be evaluated semi-annually to determine if they meet the established program requirements. If requirements are met, employees will be eligible for a salary increase. Upon meeting all program requirements, the employee is eligible to be promoted non-competitively to a Pay Band 3. This promotion completes Career Advancement Program participation meaning the employee will no longer receive salary increases through the Career Advancement Program, and will now be evaluated in accordance to the Agency's standard evaluation processes.